Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will installing 440cc injectors be overkill without a turbo? I want to install some bigger injectors and I have these already and I was wondering if I could still use these...?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Will it be overkill? Yes.

Do you have any upgrades to warrent need for larger injectors, especially at almost double the stock flow rate?

Well, what will happen is since the injectors are larger, they will spray more fuel into your engine at the same fuel pressure that the fuel lines are at. Think of a water hole. If you cape the end of the hose with a small hole, you will have little flow. Once you open it up, more flow is going to occur.

This will cuase an overly rich condition and would probably throw a code if you are OBD2. Too much fuel into the combustion chamber, and not enough fuel bunt due to lack of air and tuning would just cause major problems internally.

Its doable if you have some sort of tuning device, but don't waste your money on it if you are in stock or near stock trim. You'd just end up spending money for fuel tuning when your car is already doing fine with the smaller injectors without tuning.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
440's are overkill unless you are making 230-280 whp. Things that would justify them with a non-turbo setup would be: Significantly increased displacement, raised compression, wild cams, a fuel management system that can tune the fuel trim so that the car can have a decent idle.

There are other things to consider, but those are the fundamentals.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks... I just wanted to do something with them, and didn't want to buy anymore injectors...

·
Registered
14 Posts
use the injectors and decrease fuel amount by using a vafc up to 50% :sleep

why are you gonna use them anyway? do you have any mods or are u running stock??
if the engine is stock it is stupid w larger injectors, you`d probably just drown the engine..
:noo

i

1 - 5 of 5 Posts