Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to buy some new rims, in either 16" or 17". the only thing is that the 16" comes in a +40 offset and the 17" comes in a +45 offset, which sucks because what i want is a +42. anyways, i don't know if i can drop my car too low with a +40, and with the +45 i might rub the inside. does anybody have either offset on their civics and is there any problems with it?

· Registered
2,356 Posts
I used to have 17x7's with a +40 offset and I had my car lowered with Ground Controls.. The only time it rubbed was on a u-turn if I cranked the wheel all the way, but even then, it only scraped on the inside; it wasn't a big deal.. It cleared the fenders fine though.. Sorry I can't give you an example with 16's..

· Registered
302 Posts
If you get the 17's wit the 45 offset you can use a 3mm spacer to give the 42mm offset you need. I have 17" Kosei K-1's with a 45mm offset and I will be running a spacer.

· Registered
9 Posts
EAS Si '00 said:
If you get the 17's wit the 45 offset you can use a 3mm spacer to give the 42mm offset you need. I have 17" Kosei K-1's with a 45mm offset and I will be running a spacer.
i was thinking of 17s w/ 45 offset on a 5th gen civic too... are these "spacers" those plastic rings that they give you when you buy your rims? and you would just specify to em that you need 3mm spacers?

thnx 4 the help!
Ash

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.