Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i remove it? i have this rattle noise that i have not been able to find for a while..... it comes from under the car and sometimes when you close the door to hard you can hear it. thats the only thing i can think of... can it be removed without causing any kinda damage?? thanks in advanced,
dave

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Sure take it off. Not really doing anything, besides shielding heat. Not like you really need it, you dont see dudes with a header retaining the heat sheild or anything. Enjoy the look of that rusted stock mani. though. :giggle

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
you say it come from UNDER the car. are you sure its not the shield for teh cat?

regaurdless, you can take the sheild off of the cat and the exhaust manifold without anything bad happening.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You can also use a couple of hose clamps to tighten whatever it is.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome thanks allot guys just wanted to make sure before i go rippin things off! :bomb

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's okay to take the heat shield off it won't hurt anything, but also check under the car to see if the bracket just aft of the flexpipe is not broken. If it is, it can rattle like a bitch. It's okay to take that off as well, although it is prefered to have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts