Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just want to say that this is about how a lot of people say that the 4th gen is faster than the 5th gen.

4th gen vtec
hp [email protected]
torque [email protected]
curb 2932

5th gen vtec(not sh)
[email protected]
[email protected]

look, the 5th gen has 10 more hp, 4th has 2 more ft/lbs of torque,and the 5th gen weighs 22 more lbs. The stats that magazines give out (about 0-60, 1/4) is usually with the sh (88lbs heavier).

so what im thinking is that theres almost no differance between the two. basically the only differance is that the 5th gen looks better:D

· Registered
6,756 Posts
RiceEatinAzn said:
ok i just want to say that this is about how a lot of people say that the 4th gen is faster than the 5th gen.

4th gen vtec
hp [email protected]
torque [email protected]
curb 2932

5th gen vtec(not sh)
[email protected]
[email protected]

look, the 5th gen has 10 more hp, 4th has 2 more ft/lbs of torque,and the 5th gen weighs 22 more lbs. The stats that magazines give out (about 0-60, 1/4) is usually with the sh (88lbs heavier).

so what im thinking is that theres almost no differance between the two. basically the only differance is that the 5th gen looks better:D
Why start a flame thread.. this has been posted way too many times and it will be deleted shortly.

BTW: my h23 has the same amount of tq as your 5th gen vtec, pfft.

· Registered
3,921 Posts
I think that you have your facts backwards... everyone knows that the 4th gens look better :rolleyes:.

TSWG ~ Is that a Wings West RS Kit? That looks awesome on your prelude man. I have the same color but it's a 94 VTEC Lude. How much did it cost? What is it made out of? etc.

~Peace :cool:

· Registered
6,756 Posts
RiceEatinAzn said:
i dont know, i was just getting tired of people saying 4th is faster cuz 5th gen weighs so much. i dont see much of a differance
You're basing this on hp, tq, and weight ratios? MMkk, riight. How about you take a look at the gearing for 4th and 5th gens. The 4th gen is more agressive.

· Registered
1,688 Posts
well you're gonna get biased opinions about this so here's mine....4th gen is a little faster and looks better...4th gen has shorter gearing....

· Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im stupid. I wasnt really thinking about gear ratios.
But its like everytime people start to argue about this, some guy or guys always say that the 4th gen is faster than 5th cuz it is a lot heavier. i just wanted to point out that it does not weigh much more. and either way 4th gen (if it is, not too sure) isnt that much faster so its not even a big deal.
btw not trying to start anything so dont get mad.

· Registered
55 Posts
4th gen 5th gen.......it all depends on who is driving,

· Registered
2,092 Posts
its a fact that the gear ratios are shorter for the 4th gen...thats the only reason it accelerates better, but the 5th gen has a higher top speed by like 10-15 mph

· Registered
2,092 Posts
LudeAction said:
it may accelerate .ooo1 seconds faster but well pass em up top.. ludes are ludes..lets focus on other things like celicas and R's..
very true...ya gotta have love for all preludes :)

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Dumb. 4th G's are slightly faster stock. But whose car is stock. As for looks, it depends on what the person has done to it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.