Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Xup,

I've got a 93 4th gen with 222K miles on the clock and still climbing. I'd like to figgure out if this is a motor or (manual) tranny problem. I do not race or rag-out this car, as it is completely stock and has high miles. Tranny fluid, fuel filter etc have been changed. The clutch is not slipping either.

When starting in 1st should you have to start slipping the clutch @ 2500-3000K rpms to get going smoothly?

What is the correct mileage for fuel filter replacement?

If I'm slowing down to a stop with the clutch pedal down and put the tranny into 1st @ around 10mph you can hear a whirring sound that gets progressively quieter untill reaching a complete stop. (synchros)?

When cold or warm it sometimes hops like it's going to stall out in 1st gear. This is @ 3K rpms..

Going into 1st will frequently require pushing the stick to 1st and slipping the clutch. If not it will never go into 1st.

Downshifting ALWAYS requires the throttle to be blipped to match revs, otherwise you get jerked around.

Overall it's just a very harsh ride. I love the car, its never left me stranded. If neone can tell me what is the source of this problem please let me know!!

Thx

1 - 1 of 1 Posts