Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day i was driving with my pops and out of nowhere my ABS light comes on. i had him check the owners manual real fast cuz he was in there, and apperently my ABS unit is malfunctioning somehow. i drove my car around tonight and the light was off, but as i was coming to a stop my ABS kick in real fast then it stops and the light comes on again. obvisouly something is wrong with the ABS but does anyone have any idea what it could be?

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
pull the code :tu

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its extremely cold outside, and figured id throw it up here first before freezing :D

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Mine just turned on last night for the first time out of no where when I was driving. I came to a stop , turned off the car and back on and it didnt come back onthe rest of the night.

Is the code still there or do you have to pull it when the light is on. Where do you read it?

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
mike_sho said:
Mine just turned on last night for the first time out of no where when I was driving. I came to a stop , turned off the car and back on and it didnt come back onthe rest of the night.

Is the code still there or do you have to pull it when the light is on. Where do you read it?
you should still be able to pull the code. theres a blue harness behind the radio that you have to stick something like a paperclip in both ends of it so it shorts out (i guess... i dunno if thats what its called lol). then you turn the ignition on (2 clicks, car isnt on but all the lights on the dash turn on) then you watch the abs light. longer blinks are the the "tens" spot and the short blinks are the "ones" spot. for example, if you get 2 long blinks and 3 short blinks you have code 23. then you tell me that you have code 23 and ill tell you (if i can find it in the ole service manual) what your problem is.

it could be as simple as a wheel sensor or it could be the whole abs pump. pulling the code should be able to say what it is tho :tu

prelude4life: put on your snowsuit you lazy bastard :lol

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just drove it around for about 20mins and nothing. im confused now, if it comes back on ill pull the code. 6 degrees is a little to cold for me :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts