Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 89 civic hatch with a ls swap. The car is lowered, the top of the fenderwell sits almost even with the tires (205/40/17). When i did the swap i used integra spindles and brakes, afterwards the tires leaned in very excessive (more than what i thought a camber kit could adjust). So i got to looking and the integra upper control arm was wider so i put those on and now i have this humongus steering problem. When you go down the road the car is real twitchy and has a lot of bumpsteer and also when turning the steering wheel left and right it wants to keep turning on its on while going down the highway. I was wonderig if anybody has ever used integra spindles on a 4th gen civic if so what upper control arm was used ?

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
n2o89hatch said:
The car is lowered, the top of the fenderwell sits almost even with the tires (205/40/17). When i did the swap i used integra spindles and brakes, afterwards the tires leaned in very excessive (more than what i thought a camber kit could adjust).
you need to understand that when you slam a car then you get excessive negative camber.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
like kommon said your camber/toe is probably out of whack. go get an alignment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts