Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can I tell what a 4th gen 4 door (1990 if that helps) is, if its a DX LX or EX? all I know with out looking at it is that its got power windows, and or locks, and cruise control.. I'm hoping for an EX but would a DX or LX with 165,000 miles be worth $700, or even an EX with 'alittle' rust?

Edit: oh yeah its a 5 speed manual, I doubt that helps though..

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
a '91 dx sedan with a stick in good condition with relatively average miles can still fetch upwards of $2,000 in some areas, and the other three years aren't much cheaper.

as far as what to look for, aside from the obvious answer of "Look at the badge", i'm not entirely certain. i'm afraid i'm not as up on the 4th gen sedans as i'd like to be.

i would think that with around 165,000 miles, in decent condition, you're looking to spend about $1,000 to $1,500, so $700 sounds like a good deal to me. do you know anything else about the condition of the car?

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Ex was the only trim that came with power features and cruise control.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gurusan said:
I'm pretty sure the Ex was the only trim that came with power features and cruise control.
oh yeah, I hope, then I wont have to swap for 0.1 more liter and MPFI

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
yeah i think gurusan's right, cause even in later years the DX doesn't have power anything except steering. LX might have power windows and locks for that year, but probably wouldn't have cruise control. dunno for sure though.

either way you go, that's a damn fine platform to nab. i've been looking at those myself for a long time. now if only i can find a gold one in good condition...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wait... would the color stock color of the car help at all? did certian ones come in ceritan colors? well it is brown.. I belive thats the stock color

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
it might help tell the year, i'm not too sure about the trim though. i know that on some years of the Accords certain colors are available only on certain trim levels, but i don't know exactly how it breaks down.

the best example i can give would be with the EG civics. Phantom Grey Pearl was only available on the '92-'93 sedans, Camelia Red Pearl was only available on the '93-'94 sedans and coupes, and Horizon Grey Metallic was available only on the '95 sedans and coupes. i don't know much about which trim level each was offered on though.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Horizon grey metallic is such a badass color! I wish I had it!
Damn teal.

:p

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
this is kind of off topic, but one night when i was really bored, i got to thinking that if i had a ton of money to blow on cars, one thing that might be fun to do is get one civic of each body style (IE: one sedan, one coupe, one hatch) and have them painted colors that didn't come on those body styles from the factory in the US (I'm talking EG civics here).

like have a Paradise Green Pearl (IE: Teal) sedan, a Camelia Red Pearl (IE: purple) hatch, etc. don't know what color would go on the coupe though, maybe Phantom Grey Pearl (cause i think the '93 coupes had Grenada Black or Flint Black).

dumb idea, but i thought it might be funny. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts