Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its a 93 prelude si with a jdm h22a its got some stuff done to it, i need to sell this asap. i ran into money problems with the sti and need to sell the lude. it runs great, im a mechanic so ive always kept it maintained. im verry picky with my cars. its ben running mobile 1 oil and filters since the day i dropped the engine in. mods are:

jdm h22a
p28 ecu from phearable.net (dual stage rev limiter, check engine light shift light, vtec engagement at 5000 rpm)
short ram intake
stainless steel header
high flow cat (not a test pipe, not the stock cat)
cat back exhaust
stage 2 clutch
8 pound flywheel
forbidden motorsports short throw shifter
type r (replica) shift knob
autometer air/fuel, and oil pressure gauges (lunar series) in an A pillar pod
clarion cd player with all hook ups for amp and subs in the trunk already
new valve seals
new timing belt
new water pump
balance shaft seal retainer
new valve cover gasket with spark plug seals
bosch platinum 2 spark plugs (not even 5000 miles on them

the body has around 218,000 miles on it, the underside is sitll factory undercoated, the engine has probably around (if my engine supplier was correct on the mileage) 40,000-45,000 miles. the engine came from hmotorsonline. i had the engine in the car for a while now, but havnt driven the car much since i bought the sti.

please give me some offers i need to get rid of this. im looking for $4800. im located in hunterdon county nj, ill drive to its destination or meet halfway if i have to. dont pm me on here as i probably wont check too much so call my cell phone. if i dont pick up, just leave me a message. name is John, number is 908-331-0936

i also have everything except short block that you need for a spare engine including a worked head. the head is a non vtec DOHC head with a 5 angle valve job, and ferrera valves. and then everything else (cams, gears, tranny, distributor, manifolds, etc) for an extra $500

·
Registered
197 Posts
like i said no one here knows the rules.

·
Registered
197 Posts
always liked that model lude

·
Registered
60 Posts
any interior pics? Also, are there any problems to note? And when u said 40-45k miles on motor, is that when u bought it or what u would estimate it to be now? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
agoogs32 said:
any interior pics? Also, are there any problems to note? And when u said 40-45k miles on motor, is that when u bought it or what u would estimate it to be now? Thanks.
i dont have any interior pics, but it is black and flawless aside from one cigarette burn (verry small) on the drivers side seat. that was from the previous owner. how many miles are on it now? i should have worded that better. hmotors claims that theyre engines come with 35,000-40,000 miles and i put about 8,000 miles on it. ive changed the oil 2 times (every 3,000), yes i know mobile 1 is synthetic and you have longer change intervals, but i still change it at 3k. so its coming up on its 3rd oil change. there should be...43-48k miles on it. thats a more educated estimate on the mileage.

as far as problems, there are none. ive worked them all out. and the problems i did have were just from the swap. nothing was damages my any means, the swap just didnt go as smoothly as id hoped lol. but it runs perfect now. it also has a new idle air controller and a re adjusted the fast idle valve. the only "problem" if you wanna call it that, is because of the flywheel, at stops the rpms are pretty low after the engine warms up. it doesent stall, the driveability isnt bad because of it, its something to get used to but its not bad by any means. its actually easier on the clutch, and better on gas.

the car has good tread on the tires, id say estimated, 7/32 front 8/32 rear. the tires need to be rotated. when i find a buyer, ill throw in a free mobile 1 oil and filter change, and a tire rotation for free. the brakes are good all around. more then halfway still good. the rotors are rusty, but thats from sitting. the second you step on the brakes it goes away. even the rotors on my sti get rusty after just washing the car and letting it sit for a few hours. it just scrapes right off when you use the brakes.

heres a few pics of said sti that the sale on the prelude will be helping me keep :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
alright, im tryin to sell my car so i hav the money to buy urs...ahh the sti is my dream car tho..im only 20 something grand short of that

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
agoogs32 said:
alright, im tryin to sell my car so i hav the money to buy urs...ahh the sti is my dream car tho..im only 20 something grand short of that
sounds great, thats 2 potential buyers now :clappy . pm me some details, when youre looking to buy, when you wanna come look at it, if you wanna buy, if you wanna look at it lol. where are you located. we can set something up if you want to to come see it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
so are u from milford, nj like ur profile says? is that near hunterdon county..cuz i mapquested hunterdon county and got nothing and then searched milford and got like 1hr 15 mins which isnt bad..

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
agoogs32 said:
so are u from milford, nj like ur profile says? is that near hunterdon county..cuz i mapquested hunterdon county and got nothing and then searched milford and got like 1hr 15 mins which isnt bad..
yeah il pm you my address so you can see exactly how far. but milford, as in hunterdon county you were right.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
agoogs32 said:
sorry if i missed it, but were any stock parts taken out during the swap? i.e. a/c, heat, p/s, etc...?
nothing like that was removed all accessories are still there. the a/c doesent work only because im missing an a/c line, i can hunt the line down for you and get it for a cheaper price through my shop but its being sold without it. i can however install it for you if you buy it free of charge. it has also ben converted to external coil setup because the jdm engines are all internal coil. so it has a brand new distributor, cap and rotor as well. it has a brand new radiator and thermotats, new o2 sensor, and a new egr soloniod too. the egr valve was cleaned out and tested before i put the engine in

1 - 20 of 50 Posts