Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I've heard this is a huge problem. Especially the two problem spots. Above both rear wheels and right under the rear windshield. I want to get it fixed. I was told it would help if I take that rubber off that is located directly above the wheel and goes directly on the sheet metal on the inside lip. What I would like to know is. Would this be a good idea and if so should I sand it and repaint it since it's under the wheel well and no one will be able to see the paint job on it.

Thanks in advance.

Peace

:cool:

· Registered
166 Posts
1993preludeSi said:
yea i have the same problem below my rear windshield:(
same here... i'm just going to take all the cracked plastic off and sand the rust out, hopefully that will make it look better.

· Premium Member
13,997 Posts
I have it above the rear wheels....i thought i was just unlucky. I kinda kept this too myself as i thought i was the only one....

Damn isnt there rust stuff that turns rust into a metal type stuff...

Hmm i know there is something that might help.....

· Registered
148 Posts
go live in AZ, about 350 days out of the year there's 0% humidity. i had no problems with rust when the car was there. Of course the sun does bake the shit out of your paint. On my trunk lid, the paint looks chalky (i have a black car). It was starting to get like that on the rear quarter panels (the small fraction that faces up).

· Premium Member
13,997 Posts
PreludeSI said:
go live in AZ, about 350 days out of the year there's 0% humidity. i had no problems with rust when the car was there. Of course the sun does bake the shit out of your paint. On my trunk lid, the paint looks chalky (i have a black car). It was starting to get like that on the rear quarter panels (the small fraction that faces up).
Sounds like carbon build up. There are waxes that are good with dealing with that...

· Registered
814 Posts
whitesiprelude said:
OK I've heard this is a huge problem. Especially the two problem spots. Above both rear wheels and right under the rear windshield. I want to get it fixed. I was told it would help if I take that rubber off that is located directly above the wheel and goes directly on the sheet metal on the inside lip. What I would like to know is. Would this be a good idea and if so should I sand it and repaint it since it's under the wheel well and no one will be able to see the paint job on it.

Thanks in advance.

Peace

i had the problem with the rust under the windshield a few years back... pretty simple fix... with a razor, i took all the rubber/plastic around the strip... all the rust was taken off with sandpaper... i covered most of the rear end of the car with newspaper, and spraypainted the strip a flat black... its been over three years, and it still looks good... while i was at it, i took the liberty of repainting the windshield wipers...

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I pretty much know what to do on the strip behind the windshield. My big problem spot is just above my rear wheels. Can anyone help out with that. Thanks for your help so far.

Peace

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.