Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was originally going to replace my currently altezza tail lights with the factory ones minus the orange blinker lens. Then I saw a picture of the carbon fiber altezzas... Now, I don't like carbon fiber really, but I liked how the ALMOST black tail lights look on that 4th gen black lude.

So what if I used the same method (Heat Gun) to remove the cover on my altezzas and sprayed the silver part black, leaving the circle lenses red. I would also cut out the divider between the reverse lights and blinkers so the blinker would light up the entire bottom of the assembly...

Good idea or bad idea? How do you think it would look? And what kind of paint might I use for this kind of application.

~Peace :D

· Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
C'mon people, I need some input...

~Peace :(

· Registered
267 Posts
sounds like a good idea, i have the CF ones on my black lude and I think they look alright, I'd rather have the black chrome ones from hyper but they dont make them for ludes. Also I once tried to open my taillights with a heat gun, didnt go to well, so be carefull.

· Registered
322 Posts
Sounds good to me. I think it'll look pretty tight. I went through the process of clearing my 4th gens stocks and the thing you need to remember when heating the molding, is to heat only the black plastic on the back, not the visible part of the housing because it will dull the surface. Heat one part, try and stick a small nail into it to keep it separated, then do the same thing about an inch away. Keep doing it all the way around. Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.