Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read alot of the threads on here honda tech and also team integra on 5 lug conversions im pretty sure i kno what i would need if i was to do this im not looking to here that it is a waste of money or what do you want it for im just looking for info on if i could use the 5 lug suspensions from a prelude or a rsx ive found a few rsx that are wrecked and im sure i could get the suspensions for a good price so just wondering if this would work or if anybody has tried it thanks

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
RSXs have MacPherson strut front suspension, that will never work.

Prelude won't work.

Only option is ITR, which will work.

And despite what your post says, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it anyway: why?

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
if it was interchangable everybody would be getting it from the rsx since there's a ton of them out there.

the slightly bigger brakes and diff. wheel selection is why most people get it. then there's the "oh i got 5 lug" reason as well lol.

as for me, i got my 5 lug with a big brake kit =P

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
IntegraXTR said:
if it was interchangable everybody would be getting it from the rsx since there's a ton of them out there.

the slightly bigger brakes and diff. wheel selection is why most people get it. then there's the "oh i got 5 lug" reason as well lol.

as for me, i got my 5 lug with a big brake kit =P
The bigger brake thing can be accomplished with far less cost and complication with the Prelude VTEC rotors/calipers... same damn thing.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
one reason might be....more wheel choices with 5 lugs.

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
White98LS said:
The bigger brake thing can be accomplished with far less cost and complication with the Prelude VTEC rotors/calipers... same damn thing.

i tried that actually with my 4 lug + spoon calipers.

i had clearance issues with the caliper while turning right turns...

i pretty much bought the calipers and my friend threw in the 5 lug and itr rims. can't complain there =P

·
Registered
8,144 Posts

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
BlackSi99 said:
WHY RSX SUSPENSION WONT WORK ON 99 CIVIC'S I JUST WANNA TRY IT THO I HAVE A PAIR OF RSX SUSPENSION FOR SALE IF IT DOESNT FIT MY 99 CIVIC IF U HAVE ANY QUESTION HIT ME RIGHT BACK
TURN OFF THE DAMN CAPS LOCK...

RSX = strut. '99 Civic = double wishbone. As already stated.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
jeffry6996 said:
some guy on team integra is doign a RWD integra with and h22 i know he used the 5 lug off the prelude i dont know how he did it or how easy it is to do it but i cant fine the thread im sure if u look u can find it.
that thing is sick. the reason he probably used the 5 lug off a lude was because he went completly custom and since he used an h22...you get it
-quikflip

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
BlackSi99 said:
WHY RSX SUSPENSION WONT WORK ON 99 CIVIC'S I JUST WANNA TRY IT THO I HAVE A PAIR OF RSX SUSPENSION FOR SALE IF IT DOESNT FIT MY 99 CIVIC IF U HAVE ANY QUESTION HIT ME RIGHT BACK

lol, nice post buddy. :lol2 :idiots :bash

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.