Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some think I might be nuts and hate me for this,but I have been thinking of a manual to auto swap.I sit in Atlanta traffic every day and now my commute just got longer.This 5 speed is killing me.Does anyone know what it would take?

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
soccrstar said:
hehe, I work on my launches during stop n go traffic :D
Tis a good way to rear end someone or look stupid in traffic. congrats man, you just won the dork award.............

on a more serious note, dont launch in traffic......you can get a ticket, you cause excessive noise and probably tire screeching. You make all import owners look bad (why?) because every driver around you will then make a snap judgement and think to themselves that anyone driving an accord that is fixed up will do not so wise things (such as what you described)

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
shill1234 said:
I know some think I might be nuts and hate me for this,but I have been thinking of a manual to auto swap.I sit in Atlanta traffic every day and now my commute just got longer.This 5 speed is killing me.Does anyone know what it would take?
Would take all parts from an auto tranny, wiring, ecu, tcu, and then some underhood work and a lot of redbull along with a huge bottle of aspirin since the auto tranny's on the 5th gen just suck.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
TSM_Pikachu said:
Tis a good way to rear end someone or look stupid in traffic. congrats man, you just won the dork award.............

on a more serious note, dont launch in traffic......you can get a ticket, you cause excessive noise and probably tire screeching. You make all import owners look bad (why?) because every driver around you will then make a snap judgement and think to themselves that anyone driving an accord that is fixed up will do not so wise things (such as what you described)
not that 5000K rpm drop launching, launching as in getting the car moving without revving the car, I was able to do it with my subaru impreza 5spd. with right cordination the car can move without revving to 2000-2500rpm (novice MTX driver) before slowly letting the clutch go, preventing stalling.
i'm stupid but not that stupid :bomb

·
Registered
61 Posts
5 SPEED 2 AUTO??????????????
Huh, U could just take the train.Or, BUS IT :D
nah, j/k. Too much hastle man! it will take more money to swith from 5 -speed2auto, than auto 2 5-speed.(don't do it)to many sensors,too much maintenance, much more weight :( U use ur brakes alot more :( When ur auto tranny burns u will regret the 2k plus rebiuld(they are never the same after, anyway)....ahhh, :bash to many headaches just thinking 'bout it. I personally wouldn't do it, but hey, it's UR ride.

PS: torque converters are heavy :mad

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
soccrstar said:
not that 5000K rpm drop launching, launching as in getting the car moving without revving the car, I was able to do it with my subaru impreza 5spd. with right cordination the car can move without revving to 2000-2500rpm (novice MTX driver) before slowly letting the clutch go, preventing stalling.
i'm stupid but not that stupid :bomb
Oh....... lol good.
I can get the car to move at about 500-700rpm hahaha, hell i can let go of the clutch at idle and the car will move without much of a hitch.

·
Registered
59 Posts
TSM_Pikachu said:
Oh....... lol good.
I can get the car to move at about 500-700rpm hahaha, hell i can let go of the clutch at idle and the car will move without much of a hitch.
yea, I suck, i know :cry :cry :cry

but to original poster: just buy a auto vehicle, either as a 2nd or trade ur manual for a auto

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
shill1234 said:
you can take my auto tranny, and ill take your 5 speed, then we will both get what we want...lol-too much work to swap out just the tranny-why go from 5 spd to auto??-tsm is right-the autos suck on the 5th gens.

·
Registered
670 Posts
shill1234 said:
let's trade :w00t

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
jhwee said:
let's trade :w00t
lol-i already got dibs...one post too late :D

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
bonestock94 said:
did u just start driving stick? or something? its like 2nd nature to me. feels kinda odd driving my gf's automatic at times...
You think thats weird......try driving the 04 Lincoln town car everyday like i do... lol
To start it i hit the parking brake (which is right where the dead pedal is for our cars) thinking it is the clutch...........it gets better.......i hit that thing driving too thinking i have to shift (but in Drive it wont lock up at all so thats good)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bonestock94 said:
did u just start driving stick? or something? its like 2nd nature to me. feels kinda odd driving my gf's automatic at times...
No,been about 15 years now,however here in atlanta it is a bitch to shift 150 times in 5 miles.One way to work is 23 miles and it takes roughly 1hour and 25 minutes to get here.That is alot of shifting,and its hard to perfect launching when you only move 3 feet at a time. :bash And to think that I sold my 97 lincoln MK8 for this to save on gas.

·
Registered
64 Posts
no and from the sounds of it i dont ever wanna go there lol

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
sell current car and buy a used auto.

less hastle, less time, more money saved.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hear you.I should of though about that from the begining, but needed a family car for my newborn baby.previous car:(375hp)472cu.in. 1968 Cadillac,coupe de ville)aka gas guzzler. I already have a few bolt-ons on it. i though about selling. but won't get what I would like. I do like that TSX, tho.(with an RSX type R head,intake manifold). I would still have the foor doors and Honda/Acura reliability....but not a bad idea. thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.