Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i got a 95 lx, the only mods now is just aem intake and nkg wire, then some other shit that arent important at all, i was thinking about getting the 5 zigen axelback exhaust, and then getting the muffler shop to put on 2.5 inch pipes to the cat back, then maybe a downpipe when i get my headers, what do u think about the exhaust, i really want tourque but this exhaust is prob all high end hp

any suggestion would be great

and also, you guys think i should get the exhaust done before the headers or the other way around?

· Registered
3,783 Posts
If your planning to stay n/a, i personally think 2.5" catback is too big and you will lose a lot of low end. go with 2.25", you will lose a bit of low end, but gain high end. If you get 2.5", you will lose too much torque if you stay n/a. However, if you plan to go f/i, then 2.5" should be enough.

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is my piping right now? is it like 1.5? and is the 5 zigen exhaust worth it or are there alot of better ones for the money?

and ya its n/a, i was thinking about h22 swap later, but too money

should i get this exhaust done before i get headers?

· Registered
3,783 Posts
I really don't know whats the size of the stock piping, but it should be around 1.5 to 1.75". As far as the 5zigen, I don't have one but I've read a lot of good things about it such as how it sounds. Performance wise, your going to need the piping (2.00" or 2.25"). And as far as getting headers first or exhaust, I got my headers first then I got my exhaust done. If you want some torque, then get the headers first. DC 4-2-1 will give you low end to mid range power while 4-1 will give you high end. But remember, too really see the gains you got to see it as intake/headers/exhaust as a system to get gains.

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks man

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how much would it all run if i get the 2.25 piping to the cat, and then the resonator also?

· Registered
3,783 Posts
Your going to have to investigate on that. My muffler shop did it for 100 bucks for the piping and an extra 45 dollars for the resonator. My friend got robbed on his Civic EX, he paid like 180 dollars for the piping and since he was a cheap bastard, he didn't want to pay for extra 40 bucks for the resonator. A week after that, he paid the money for the resonator, since he couldn't stand the loudness. You just got to go around and find out what their pricing is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.