Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Guys, this is not your ebay! Superhonda's classifieds section is for established, trustworthy members. If you would like to sell stuff, please take the time to become a part of our forums. There is more to this site than just the classifieds section. If you are close to 50 posts, Ill leave your thread for 24 hours while you contribute to the forums, but if you arent even close I will close or delete your threads. This is for the protection of other members, to protect them from scammers and bad sellers who sign up for the sole purpose of selling/scamming. You dont have to like the rules, JUST FOLLOW THEM!

The Rules

**RedWabbit edit
- if you post a bunch of bs just to get 50 posts we will just ban you. contribute to the forum, its not hard.

·
Registered
50 Posts
good rules seems alot of people just sighn up and post crap for sale.

Its always easy though go back and look at some of there past posts. You can see what kinda person they are buy that as well :)

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
Sirfallsalot243 said:
If there is, its not something I can do.
i guess admin powers is needed for that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Newby Mistake...50 posts...Sorry

I will start working towards 50 right now. I guess rules should be read. But I am one of those who sit in the wings and reads alot of these posts, way over 50! I am a busy person and don't usually take alot of time with any forums. None to be exact. As matter of fact this is the fourth or fifth in my entire web surfing life, not quite Al Gore. I don't call into radio talk shows but XM radio doesn't cut my service off and I recommend to others, AM radio doesn't cut my service for not calling in and I recommend the stations to others and buy from their sponsers. I still receive a news paper even though I don't send letters to the editor because I go to the advertised stores.

I have a new, to me, 2004 Honda Accord. Best car I have had to date. This seemed to be a great source of information(on my favorites list). This car or forum will never take time away from my job or my family, which means it will take quite a while for 50 posts to occur from me. Well wait a minute...The quick close of my listing...I am quite sure the sharks will have a feeding frenzy with this reply and maybe I will milk this one for a few more posts.

A trustworthy in the wings newby...Feed away Sharks.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cpcritter, thanks for reading the rules. You make some good points, however a newspaper, fm radio, or xm radio has never had a problem with bad sellers or ripoffs. We have the 50 posts rule to protect our members from those who sign up to the site for the sole purpose of selling or scamming other members. Im sure you can understand that? You would be suprised how quickly 50 posts goes by- I can hit that number in well under a days time. I assume I have more free time than you (even with my 60hr/week work schedule), but it shouldnt take you more than a week or two to rack up the nessecary 50 posts. The concept behind the rule is that a scammer wont take the time to get 50 posts just to scam someone. Hopefuly, he'll move on to some place that is easier to scam. While it is an inconvience to the true Super Honda members, the added buyer protection and security far outweight the negatives. If it were up to me, the post count would be closer to 200 or 300, but not everyone can get online as much as I do.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you guys havent noticed yet, really the only threads that I close are those where the poster has under 50 posts. If any other rules are broken, I usually give the seller an opportunity to correct their thread- but I will close your thread if you dont have 50 posts.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I feel it man, I look through here from time to time when I think of random parts I need or just to see if there's something I didn't know I needed :p Every time I see someone with 1-10 posts trying to make a thread I say something about it. Between the scammers and spammers I get annoyed as hell sometimes...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Update 11-19-08
I will ban you if you have less than 5 posts and you make a classified thread​
No questions asked, rules are rules.​
5 Posts? I thought it was 50 . And people have been complaining about this rule being broken for months with specific messages being sent to moderators and today is the first I've seen anyone do anything about it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I will start working towards 50 right now. I guess rules should be read. But I am one of those who sit in the wings and reads alot of these posts, way over 50! I am a busy person and don't usually take alot of time with any forums. None to be exact. As matter of fact this is the fourth or fifth in my entire web surfing life, not quite Al Gore. I don't call into radio talk shows but XM radio doesn't cut my service off and I recommend to others, AM radio doesn't cut my service for not calling in and I recommend the stations to others and buy from their sponsers. I still receive a news paper even though I don't send letters to the editor because I go to the advertised stores.

I have a new, to me, 2004 Honda Accord. Best car I have had to date. This seemed to be a great source of information(on my favorites list). This car or forum will never take time away from my job or my family, which means it will take quite a while for 50 posts to occur from me. Well wait a minute...The quick close of my listing...I am quite sure the sharks will have a feeding frenzy with this reply and maybe I will milk this one for a few more posts.

A trustworthy in the wings newby...Feed away Sharks.
It must have worked ,cause I notice when I read this post he now has 69 posts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That rule sucks!! 50? Thats a bit stupid. Sorry you guys live on forums. Ive been apart of many formus for years and I may on have 150 between all of them.

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
That rule sucks!! 50? Thats a bit stupid. Sorry you guys live on forums. Ive been apart of many formus for years and I may on have 150 between all of them.
waa waa boo fucking woo...cry me a river you whiner. Its to prevent people from jsut making a name and trying to sell stuff like this is their ebay. 50 is a good number that makes you contribute to the forum. If we jsut let a bunch of newbies post ads then people are going to get screwed because you don't know who is legit and who is not. If you can't get 50 posts then you obviously dont contribute to the forum so we have no need to supply you with a place to sell your parts. You dont have to live on the forum to get 50 posts. Take a spin through the tech sections and answer some questions..should take you 15 minutes and you can easily pick up 10 psots a day with some of the basic questions we have there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts