Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to improve my car's handling and get rid of the massive wheel gap. I currently have 13 inch vx rims for now until I get some 16's in the spring/summer. So do you guys think H&R race springs (2.5"front, 2.25" rear) are too low for a hatch with 13's? Should I get Neuspeed Race springs that lower 2.25" front and 2.0 rear instead? Oh, yeah the shocks I'm going to use with the springs are kyb agx.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
DO NOT get the lowest profile tires you can find for the 13". LOL! :D

I see peeps rolling on steelies all of the time, so I guess it wouldn't make me do a double take or anything like that.;)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
speedxdemon said:
I want to improve my car's handling and get rid of the massive wheel gap. I currently have 13 inch vx rims for now until I get some 16's in the spring/summer. So do you guys think H&R race springs (2.5"front, 2.25" rear) are too low for a hatch with 13's? Should I get Neuspeed Race springs that lower 2.25" front and 2.0 rear instead? Oh, yeah the shocks I'm going to use with the springs are kyb agx.
kyb's aren't gonna be able to handle 2.5'' drop for to long
Konis or Blistens are the way to go

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
wapmonk said:
Get tien, i have heard only good things about them.
sounds like he wants to spend around $250, not $1200 ;)

but anyways, yeah the Racing springs are fairly low. they sit lower than what's advertised ;) you might want to look into the Sport springs from H & R. if you look at Peteex's signature somewhere you'll see his EX (on 16's i believe) with H & R Sport springs ;)

and yeah, what RAN said about the struts.

ghost

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
No Bilstein's.. They don't make a Sport model for the Civic, only the HD model. Go with Koni Yellow's instead..

OR, just go with the H&R Cup Kit ($615)

H&R Springs with Koni Yellow shocks that are valved to H&R's specs for a perfect match. They're like full coilovers (matched shock/spring) minus the 'infinite' adjustability. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, I guess the H&R race springs are too low and will blow out the kyb agx shocks real quick. So I'm thinking about getting Tein S. Tech springs that lowers 1.8" all around or Neuspeed Race springs. So thanks alot guys.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I've got h&r race w/ bilsteins and I love it. If I ever did anything different it would be Tein Type FLEX with the EDFC, but then again I was looking to spend $500, not $2000.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts