Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
did you install a short throw shift adapter? seen that shit happen countless times.

otherwise... we need a little more info, I'd think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, the car doesn't have any mods. i did redline it earlier today, and the problem started after that, so i guess that might be the cause. if it is, what can i do? i'll also add that it has 80,000 miles on it, but i'm just gonna take it to the shop i think

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
go to an empty parking lot and make sure its flat.

come to a complete stop and make sure nothing is behind you....and try to get the car into reverse. if the car doesn't go into reverse put pressure on the shifter to go into reverse. slowly let out the clutch like your going to take off into reverse.....and your car should pop into gear. If it doesn't the first time....try again. Put steady pressure on the shifter and slowly let the clutch out.

once it gets into reverse...drive around in reverse....and come to a stop so nothing is in front of you. try to get the shifter into neutral.....it might be stuck in gear now. Again....put pressure on the shifter to go into neutral and let the clutch out slowly.....it should pop into neutral. Try shifting it back into reverse.....if it still blocks you out....repeat the above procedure....do it a couple times and it should work itself free.

My guess is you misshifted at high rpms....and you hit something between 3rd and 5th gear....if not...you might have a different problem and the above won't work.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
same thing happened to me a while back. I had to get a new tranny. Hopefully yours isn't that bad though.

It actually happened to me twice. The first time I was able to work it out doing pretty much what lookatme said. The second time, that transmission never saw reverse again...

·
Registered
255 Posts
i had to get rid of my lsd tranny because it never went into reverse. it was a pain... good luck bro, sorry to hear your troubles

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
maxpower430 said:
thans lookatme, i'm def gonna try that tommorrow, hopefully it will work. fyi, i did misshift 3rd, and redlined, so my fingers are crossed.
That should do the trick for you man. I had the same problem as you and that cured it for me as well as others. Good luck.

Reactions: hotsauce_gm

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey guys, just thought i'd give an update. i did what you said said lookatme, and i can put it into reverse now, but it still sticks sometimes when i'm trying to take it out of reverse, but that should go away with time, right? thanks a lot guys

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
maxpower430 said:
hey guys, just thought i'd give an update. i did what you said said lookatme, and i can put it into reverse now, but it still sticks sometimes when i'm trying to take it out of reverse, but that should go away with time, right? thanks a lot guys
it will work itself out......give it some time...and don't be too forceful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.