Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
22,822 Posts
abs, my guess is it cracks within the first week you have it.

· Registered
39 Posts
i actually have the same one on my prelude my old fiberglass one broke and ordered that one. it hasnt cracked and has been scraped several times and has help up just fine. i just left it black since my car is white so it has a carbon fiber front lip look and i didnt have the cash to get it painted, i would rather wait till im ready to paint the whole car

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Registered
1,189 Posts
I've had that ebay plastic P1 lip on my daily driven lude for 3 years now. (not the on in my sig) Got it for just over $100 shipped back then. Went fording through a flooded road last weekend and it got ripped off by the current. The car looked so naked without it so I ordered another, gloss black paint, and stuck it on yesterday. She looks normal again. :)

I would suggest painting it with the stuff that sticks to plastic since my first one (not painted) did look more grey and faded after 2-3 years and not attaching the brackets in front but only drill some holes in the back flap through the wheel wells. That way the front part of the lip just rests but lifts up without breaking anything if you scrape. You can just push it back down afterwards. The downside of that is pushing water will force it down below and you'll run over it - but just don't take your lude through a freakin stream like me :rolleyes (especially if you have a CAI)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.