Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I'll start off with saying, Im glad for finding this place, and let me give you alittle bit of my backround. Always known alot about things on 2 wheels and 4x4s considering I grew up riding and racing dirtbikes. But the Imports kinda have me feeling alittle dumb. I like the idea of having a sleeper. Its just something about having people think that your ride is a grocery shopper, when its really capable of killing that eclipse in the lane next to you. Ok, now for the questions. 1. Whats the best way to go about getting an extra 50-150hp to the front tires while still leaving the car fun to drive and drift and still keep the reliability? 2. What numbers should I be expecting from the stock motor?? And how much am I lookin at spending? Thanks in Advance. Oh and I'll have some pics up of the lude soon too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
you won't be able to drift with prelude ..

what's the engine u got ??


i suggest you add an exhaust system + headers + fuel intake + air intake + spark plugs + clutch kit + turbo kit. ...

without modding the exterior, you'll have a bunny with a devil soul..

this would cost you big amount, still i don't know where u live in and how much things costs in your country...

good luck..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
TheLord said:
you won't be able to drift with prelude ..

what's the engine u got ??


i suggest you add an exhaust system + headers + fuel intake + air intake + spark plugs + clutch kit + turbo kit. ...

without modding the exterior, you'll have a bunny with a devil soul..

this would cost you big amount, still i don't know where u live in and how much things costs in your country...

good luck..
ok. The laughing shall begin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
908 Posts
HaHaHa this thread has gone into a big joke man u can drift a FWD car unless u go in the parking lot when u get some snow but thats still not drifting :hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49,788 Posts
Prelude92Si said:
HaHaHa this thread has gone into a big joke man u can drift a FWD car unless u go in the parking lot when u get some snow but thats still not drifting :hehe
its call ass sliding :rolleyes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,921 Posts
No offense, but I vote NOT to lock this thread. When I first came here I'm sure I had a ton of really STUPID questions, and I can't remember being laughed at or made fun of like this. I'm not saying it isn't funny of course... just saying that rather than shunning someone and creating another RICER that just wants to go out and be a retard, we can try and educate him/her and knock some sense into him/her. That's what I remember happening to me, and thank god it did... I still can't believe I had Altezza's on my 4g prelude... :lmao

Anyway, As for your question Thraken: First, why don't you start by giving us some more information on what kind of Prelude you have. There are tons of differences between the different Lude generations engine wise, so it would help to have some background on what we're helping you deal with.

Second, as for drifting, if you're looking for a Honda that can drift you'd better invest in an S2000. Drifting is technically not possible in a FWD vehicle, which is why all these guys are laughing at you. But, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and answer any questions that you have. There are some civics, that I've seen execute some amazing "Drifts" in videos, but technically, it's just yanking the E-brake and dragging the ass of your car around a turn using the forward momentum of the car to swing the back out. A drift uses the momentum, but executes the turn by breaking the rear tires loose, and spinning them to keep the drift going.

So, get back with some new info on what motor you have, what year your car is, and how much money you think you're willing to spend, and I'm sure we'd be able to help you out somewhat.

:number1

~Peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I have a slightly similar situation as the person who began this thread. I bought a used 2000 prelude SH, during the school year. Now schools out and i am working so i am looking to put a little back into the car. I was thinking of starting off by adding an intake, i have searched ebay quite a bit and noticed that there is a lot to chooses form, some cost as low as 25 and others 200. Is their any brand that would be recommended for my car or another source to buy from.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,921 Posts
Freakin'H22A said:
I have Carbon fiber altezzas.... they look a lot better than those big ass red rear lights. Of course, getting them tinted is a good choice too.
No offense to you dude. I think that the CF one's look best, and I'm sure they look nice tinted. I had a black lude with chrome housing Altezzas though... <shudder>

As for the intake question. First, stop HIJACKING THE THREAD! LOL

Second, intakes are pretty much the same. I would suggest either going with an AEM CAI, or just get one of those $25 intakes you saw on E-Bay. AEM intake might make like... 1-2 more horsepower, but who knows, for the price difference you could turn around and buy something else for the car. All depends what you're looking for.

~Peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
IHIPrelude94 said:
No offense, but I vote NOT to lock this thread. When I first came here I'm sure I had a ton of really STUPID questions, and I can't remember being laughed at or made fun of like this. I'm not saying it isn't funny of course... just saying that rather than shunning someone and creating another RICER that just wants to go out and be a retard, we can try and educate him/her and knock some sense into him/her. That's what I remember happening to me, and thank god it did... I still can't believe I had Altezza's on my 4g prelude... :lmao

Anyway, As for your question Thraken: First, why don't you start by giving us some more information on what kind of Prelude you have. There are tons of differences between the different Lude generations engine wise, so it would help to have some background on what we're helping you deal with.

Second, as for drifting, if you're looking for a Honda that can drift you'd better invest in an S2000. Drifting is technically not possible in a FWD vehicle, which is why all these guys are laughing at you. But, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and answer any questions that you have. There are some civics, that I've seen execute some amazing "Drifts" in videos, but technically, it's just yanking the E-brake and dragging the ass of your car around a turn using the forward momentum of the car to swing the back out. A drift uses the momentum, but executes the turn by breaking the rear tires loose, and spinning them to keep the drift going.

So, get back with some new info on what motor you have, what year your car is, and how much money you think you're willing to spend, and I'm sure we'd be able to help you out somewhat.

:number1

~Peace
Thank you, for at least giving a chance lol. Im not stupid, just a bit mis-informed. I though FWD cars were the drifters, considering the ass-sliding. but taking alittle thought into it. Its the rear wheel drive cars. Its funny how I didn't think of it before because the best way to keep the momentum on a flat corner in Motocross is to just let the ass slide while your in the apex of the turn to the exit. Now as for my car. Its a 2001 Honda Prelude S. I think the standard is a H22 on a 01, right? And Im looking to spend 4500 for the first set of things under the hood. I like to install parts in sets so its not as hard to trace a problem if one occures.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top