Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone!! I'm new to the site. I was wondering if I should buy a 5th gen si that already has a b18c1 engine in it? The seller is selling it for $6000. Is this a reasonable price? Is there anything else I should know before purchasing it? What kind of ecu is suppose to work well with the engine? I want to know so I can ask the seller what kind of ecu he has. How fast do they run in the 1/4? Also, how much is everyone paying monthly for insurance? I know I shouldn't buy a modded car but I'm only 17 so it doesn't really bother me. Please help me out. :D

1992 HONDA CIVIC SI 95 GSR eng w/65K , intake, exh, lt weight whls w/good tires, wings west front lip, spoon sports carbon fiber wing

·
Registered
380 Posts
My friend went that route and even paid that same amount. His also came with a 50 shot and has some bolt-ons as well. But, his rear quarterpanels are rusted to hell and have to be replaced which is going to be a pretty penny.

kommon_sense said:
Personally I don't think that I would go that route. If you really want that combo, you could search around and get a 5G CX/DX/VX hatch and swap a b18c1 into it. It will run about the same amount, maybe a few bucks more, but at least you will know its history.
It's not like you know the mileage on the engine when you get it unless it's from the US. Which I don't think the B18C1's are from here.......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think it's worth it? I don't really have big plans for the car. The first thing I'm going to be working on is the exterior. I'll probably get a wings west rs lip kit or maybe a bomex replica body kit with a new paint job. Then I'll just replace the intake, header, and exhaust with the ones I want. Then when I'm done with the car. I'll hand it over to my sister,so I can get my dream car a 5th gen Honda Prelude.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
i think thats a pretty good deal i see just stock si's meaning stock motor ones going for about $5,000-$6,000, but i rather swap the motor in shit myself i don't like buying cars that are already modded but this one doesn't look like a bad deal, whats the history on it i would get a carfax if i was u, also the ecu thing it should b a p72, and i would ask him if he got it chiped or not. also check out the whole car and everything make sure everything is there,and look for frame damage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts