Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen people talking about removing the yellow portion of the tail lights in the upper left of the left tail and the upper right of the right tail. How do you exactly remove that yellow bit of it? It looks pretty nice without it. And while I'm at it, how do you remove the entire tail light? :eek:

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
ok well to remove the yellow box inside the housing i used a saudering gun, needle nose pliers and a swiss army knife (lol)
you have to do all the work through the bulb hole AND make sure not to damage the whole either. It took me roughly 4 hours to do because the peices got stubborn and i had to get a rythym going.
i basically used the sauder gun to melt a x in the orange case (again through the bulb whole) and then used the pliers to twist the hell out of the peices....it takes alot of patience mang

and as far as taking out the light itself..open your trunk and look just a bunch of bolts

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Gosei_Passion said:
ok well to remove the yellow box inside the housing i used a saudering gun, needle nose pliers and a swiss army knife (lol)
you have to do all the work through the bulb hole AND make sure not to damage the whole either. It took me roughly 4 hours to do because the peices got stubborn and i had to get a rythym going.
i basically used the sauder gun to melt a x in the orange case (again through the bulb whole) and then used the pliers to twist the hell out of the peices....it takes alot of patience mang

and as far as taking out the light itself..open your trunk and look just a bunch of bolts
solder, not sauder :tu

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is it bascially the same on the front lights? The JDM ones are crazy expensive, I think i'll cheap out and just remove the yellow bits.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
front is a lot more involved. gotta cut them open, remove the bits, then reseal them. not fun, but an excelent opportunity if you want to paint 'em.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Gosei_Passion said:
haha hey i never claimed i could do that
and what IS your signature about?
sig means nothing, just my dog that did not want to be photographed

·
Registered
17,727 Posts
backs easy cryogen has a whole write up on it on his site. i found a quick way to do it. what i did was hit the orange reflector hard with pliers to get it to pop out of whats holding it from there I used the pliers to twist them to gether and roll it up. From there I just pulled it out of the hole. Took me 20 - 30 mins a light. You need to be carefull when you do it to. I know alot of people with accords that have done this and now there shit has little scratches that you can see at night when they have the lights on. No one really notices but if you know what im talking about you will spot them every time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts