Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this on my gs swapped civic for about a little over 2 years now and its help up absolutly great. Sounds just as good as first installed. Very quiet stock I will say though. After removing the glasspack from it and replacing with straight pipe it sounded perrfect with some more volume. BUT after removing the cat for a testpipe it is very loud. Still sounds nice and clean with loud pops/grumbles during deceleration but just too much volume. Only thing i wish I did was leave the glasspack thats built into the catback pipe...with the testpipe its just a little too loud. As far as performance goes my exhaust setup consists of a dc 4-1 jdm header with 2.5 collector, 2.5 testpipe, 5zigen catback with stock glasspack removed. The stock muffler bolts right to the 5zigen piping in under 10 minutes and its super quiet for long trips. You can actually feel the performance difference between mufflers alone. As far as the stock honda piping vs 5zigen's I dont know.
So in conclusion
5zigen stock w/cat = Very quiet aftermarket exhaust...vtec sounds good
5zigen stock w/testpipe = Perfect balance of sound
5zigen glasspack removed w/testpipe = Loud as fuck but not raspy / still clean note

·
Registered
78 Posts
I also have the 5Zigen catback with a test pipe and I love it, sounds very deep but my only complaint (may be due to a shitty test pipe) is that there is a slight rasp at WOT at exactly 3k rpms. It goes away though and sounds mean.

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kennyfsu said:
I also have the 5Zigen catback with a test pipe and I love it, sounds very deep but my only complaint (may be due to a shitty test pipe) is that there is a slight rasp at WOT at exactly 3k rpms. It goes away though and sounds mean.
Haha I have the same problem...its the test pipe. If I can find one that fits I'm going to find the "high flow cat" style kind where its straight through but has the glass filled resonance chamber around it. It'l flow just as good but take that rasp out and clean up the sound.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
the 5zigen sounds great on hondas or acuras. you really hear it is high rpm's which is what b-series are made for.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've had 5 zigen on most of my civics and there is nothing ricey about it. If you use a 5 zigen axle back with a different B-pipe then yes it can get ricey because most B pipes use one resonator but 5 zigen uses 2. But for the most part its a very good exhaust.

·
Registered
425 Posts
i guess we just have different definitions of quiet, if the video i saw was at all accurate. it sounded just as loud as the greddy evo2, which IMO is a fun messing around type but quite the headache exhaust for Daily driving.

http://tpark2086.tripod.com/rsx01.wmv

then again, looking at where i got that clip, it says miracle fireball, so maybe itsl ike the N1 and the WS2 and a lot louder.
anyone got any good clips besides the one in the article??

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No way thats the exhuast we are talking about...when I first got mine it could barely be heard at anything under vtec...then even in vtec gunning the throttle, it was barely louder that the noise coming out of the intake.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
where can i get this exhaust for a good deal?

i have a 97 civic dx hatch...

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
mikesta21 said:
i guess we just have different definitions of quiet, if the video i saw was at all accurate. it sounded just as loud as the greddy evo2, which IMO is a fun messing around type but quite the headache exhaust for Daily driving.

http://tpark2086.tripod.com/rsx01.wmv

then again, looking at where i got that clip, it says miracle fireball, so maybe itsl ike the N1 and the WS2 and a lot louder.
anyone got any good clips besides the one in the article??
thats the miracle fireball...different than the regular fireball exhaust (different resonator and piping)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts