Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
11-11 Automotive Design and Production Magazine

" When Chevrolet rolls out the 6th gen Corvette at the North American Inter. Auto Show in January, the Gen 4 V8 will have a reported 405 hp, the same as the current Z06. Insiders at both GM and suppliers say the Z06 will have an even 500hp, but will not be the most powerful Corvette. That prize will belong to the limited production ZL1 twin turbo which is producing 625 hp in production trim. The Gen4 has thinner bore walls, stronger bulkheads, and retains the cast-in-place iron cylinder liners. The casting process includes a mechanically induced rapid chilling of the bulkheads to promote swift directional solidification of the aluminum and a fine grain structure , both of which improve dimensional stability. A composite barrel crank core replaces the current segmented barrel design, again for tighter and more consistant bore dimensions. The cores are screwed and glued together, the aluminum is pumped in rather than poured, and all the oil galleries are drilled and machined."

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
LudeAction said:
11-11 Automotive Design and Production Magazine

" When Chevrolet rolls out the 6th gen Corvette at the North American Inter. Auto Show in January, the Gen 4 V8 will have a reported 405 hp, the same as the current Z06. Insiders at both GM and suppliers say the Z06 will have an even 500hp, but will not be the most powerful Corvette. That prize will belong to the limited production ZL1 twin turbo which is producing 625 hp in production trim. The Gen4 has thinner bore walls, stronger bulkheads, and retains the cast-in-place iron cylinder liners. The casting process includes a mechanically induced rapid chilling of the bulkheads to promote swift directional solidification of the aluminum and a fine grain structure , both of which improve dimensional stability. A composite barrel crank core replaces the current segmented barrel design, again for tighter and more consistant bore dimensions. The cores are screwed and glued together, the aluminum is pumped in rather than poured, and all the oil galleries are drilled and machined."
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: must.... change...... boxers.......

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Nobody cares about your domestic piles of shit....

JUST KIDDING that car is going to be absolutely nuts. My God, that engine is fully built up - that will smoke any stock Viper by a long shot, until they finally make the kind of power they should from 8.3L.

·
Registered
772 Posts
dont matter if you got all the hp and torque in the world if you cant put it to the floor, my step-dad raced his NSX aginst a 500hp stang, all the stang did was wheel spin =[

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Accord02Type-R said:
dont matter if you got all the hp and torque in the world if you cant put it to the floor, my step-dad raced his NSX aginst a 500hp stang, all the stang did was wheel spin =[
there is a marvelous invention, called drag radials... and they are street legal.

·
Registered
772 Posts
i guess..... but bla haha whatever you say :D

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
600plus hp damn.. almost as crazy as the new CL 65 dat 600plus hp and trq.... all crazy

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Accord02Type-R said:
Ok... what is the point of that post?

P.O.T.P.:To ask a question of the reason of another post.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
91 F-body said:
Here's the body it's going into:

where did u find that? so so sessy... :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
91 F-body said:
Here's the body it's going into:

thats not the new vette right?? it look like the current one

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Dude no kidding, those are the best spy pics I've seen of the new C6!!!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
LudeAction said:
ur kidding right?

this is a 2900lb car...;)
wow that light??? it will FLY. i hope the give wings for the factory option

1 - 20 of 24 Posts