Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the 6th gen accord coupe is beautifully designed but it does have a big butt.. are there any kits that dont let the rear jutt out so much ? thanks in advance :D

btw im new to this forum, i own a 02 white accord coupe SE

hi everyone

·
Registered
71 Posts
zooyorktactical said:
the 6th gen accord coupe is beautifully designed but it does have a big butt.. are there any kits that dont let the rear jutt out so much ? thanks in advance :D

btw im new to this forum, i own a 02 white accord coupe SE

hi everyone
Welcome, I'm new too. :D
For the coupe I really like 2 kits: OEM and Wings West W-type.
Here is MrChad's (on this board):

He has the OEM side skirts with WW front and rear.
Here is another fella's I know. I don't think he'd mind me posting the pic. The pic is Photoshopped, he wanted to see a little more drop, but you get the idea of what the full OEM kit looks like. (But I'm not sure if the OEM kit will fit 02 Accords...possibly only 98-00...anyone clarify this?)

Hope this helps.
Later

·
Registered
155 Posts
i dunno if this relates to the thread, but which front lip do u guys like, the OEM or the WW? for 6th gen coupes

·
Registered
903 Posts
Re: Re: 6th gen accord coupe question

jschmid said:
Welcome, I'm new too. :D
For the coupe I really like 2 kits: OEM and Wings West W-type.
Here is MrChad's (on this board):

He has the OEM side skirts with WW front and rear.
Here is another fella's I know. I don't think he'd mind me posting the pic. The pic is Photoshopped, he wanted to see a little more drop, but you get the idea of what the full OEM kit looks like. (But I'm not sure if the OEM kit will fit 02 Accords...possibly only 98-00...anyone clarify this?)

Hope this helps.
Later
I'm almost positive niether fit the 02. Only 98-01. Its really hard to find kits for the 02 cause of the different front and rear bumpers, sorry. Its too bad cause those are the cleanest lookin kits for the 6th gen.

·
Registered
903 Posts
zooyorktactical said:
omfg.. u gotta be kidding.... they only fit 98-01 ?!?! there seems to be no difference in the rear bumpers ! :mad:

You can't really tell in that pic but the rear has that same skirt extention that the front has. Its different than any other year 6th gen. If you look closly at the pic of my car in my sig, you'll notice the difference. You might be able to remove that skirt thingy but I'd think the ground fx makers would have thought of that by now.

Did you just get your 02?

·
Registered
903 Posts
zooyorktactical said:
yup.. brand new... for 17k =D i think i got a good deal...

but will the kits fit on my 02 cuz of the differences ?
Was that sticker price? or out the door? or did you get it from a private party?

The reason I ask is because the 7th gen accord coupes are starting at 19k, sedans at 15k... if you could have, I would have MOST definetly got one of those. Its a much better car and you wouldn't have a kit problem. Thats just what I would have done.

And, no, the Honda OEM underspoilers will NOT fit your car. Unless you found some way of taking the little skirt thing off your car. Even then, it would be hard as hell to install. They are hard enough as it is to install on the 98-01s. Took my ass like 4 hours. I have no idea if the wings west kit will fit. According to wings west it doesn't.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Holy crap I stumble into this thread and see my car floating in a post, props schmiddy.

The OEM kit won't fit the 2001+ Accord neither will the WWest kit.
If you have a 2001+ Accord coupe the 98-00 OEM sides will fit perfectly and they match well to the 01 stock nose. You can also clean up the rear buy purchasing the filler plate for the rear of the 01+ bumper that is found on the 2001+V6 coupes.

Another alternative since you would need to likely paint any kit anyway is to get the 98-00 front and rear bumpers they bolt on fine. Then you could get the a full OEM or WW type W kit.
I'd advise for OEM side in any case. I had the WW sides and I didn't like how they mounted and the OEM look good with the WW kit IMO.

Other then this a 2001+coupe will need a fiberglass kit like BW.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I paid 16,300 for my LX au-slomatic, but I got a good deal on it. The new coupes are nice but right now out of my budget.

·
Registered
71 Posts
nitelyfe said:
I will have a graphite pearl 2004 V6-L 6sp Accord by this time next year.:D :D ohh yes I will ...

just the thought of 6 gears gives me the chills. 25-27gs is a lot of damn money though.
That's why for that much money I'd by a used E46 328i w/sport pkg.

·
Registered
232 Posts
They'll have an LX-6speed V6 [2004] too.
So figure sticker around 23 and out the door for less. If all you care about is the 6 speed that would appear the way to go.

But why wait for 2004 for a 6speed Accord when for a little above 27k you could likely get a CL type-S, since they aren't selling you could get one for a deal I bet. But for that kinda cash why not go S2000?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the 17k i paid was out the door, that was the done deal price. as for the kit, i guess ill just leave the stock front and back, and get some side skirts. im goin for a subtle look.. what are some good springs or coil overs that will look good and wont look too slammed ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
If youre looking for coilovers, i'd recommend Ground Control or Tein, depending on how much you want to spend. The only reason I have Skunk2's is cuz i got a good deal on them. Not too bouncy if you have good shocks.

·
Registered
977 Posts
accrdcpe00 said:
If youre looking for coilovers, i'd recommend Ground Control or Tein, depending on how much you want to spend. The only reason I have Skunk2's is cuz i got a good deal on them. Not too bouncy if you have good shocks.

hahaha, i think this thread is talking about body kits, not suspension kits :confused:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts