Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,529 Posts
oh yeah, duh... A lot of the reviews I read said that it's not really worth it. My advice though, stay away from the Western Digital Blue drives. I upgraded to a 500 GB for my PS3 and it eventually started clicking... turns out the PS3 isn't supplying enough power to get the drive out of a "sleep" state. So i went back to the original Seagate 80 GB, and will put the 500 GB drive in an external enclosure and use it as a spare external drive somewhere.

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Just out of curiosity... how much room have you used up on the 80G in your PS3?:confused

I'm just kinda wondering how much people actually store on their PS3 from: game saves, DL's, etc.

My PS3 is pretty "virgin". Basically all saves and trophies.

· Registered
2,529 Posts
About 32GB I think. I have one full length movie I moved over to it so that's probably 7GB right there... I wanted to add more movies since I have all of the Jeremy Clarkson videos, but I can either stream those over the network with Tversity (works OK) or plug in an external drive and watch them that way.

The rest is all game saves, some game DLs, not much else. But it adds up the more games I get and play.

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I started bumping into storage issues and finally got sick-n-tired of being sick-n-tired.

Changed out my PS3's HD for a Seagate 500GB HD, spinning at 7200rpm's and 16MB cache. I went with Seagate since the OEM HD is also a Seagate product. I was thinking there would no noticeale difference but now I believe there might be a slight improvement in some load times, etc.

The physical swap took less then 5 minutes. The longest period of time was given over to backing up the info off of my PS3 onto an external drive, then reloading back onto the PS3's newly installed drive.

Now the next step is reinstalling all of the old games I'd previously deleted from my old HD when I had to make room for newer games.:eek:

· Registered
1,174 Posts
I use my HTPC gaming computer that has a 750gig drive in it seperate for a server, and just stream videos off it through my network onto the PS3. My Ps3 still only has saved games and trophies. No need if you got a server going through it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.