Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a b18c5 with intake, header, cat-back, stage 1 clutch, lightweight flywheel, and SRP 11.0:1 pistons. I have a brand new ZEX nitrous kit laying around and I would like to know if my car will be able to handle a 75 shot?

· Registered
4,086 Posts
i personally wouldn't run nos on a b18c5 if i owned one, straight up. i'd figure out what turbo setup would be the best personally, and go that direction. nos is good and bad

· Registered
4,086 Posts
yeah, it's kind of a double edge sword, it's tough do either direction you take. i wouldn't risk my motor on instant gratification is what i was trying to go for on that statement. if i owned one i'd figure out something more permanent. i know the high comp and boost don't mix well, nos is cool but temporary

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A wet 75 shot ain't shit to srp pistons it will take it all day and no injectors are needed
Thats what I like to hear lol, thats the only reason i installed SRP's because I wanted to run nitrous in the future. So if I ran a 55 or 75 dry shot with colder spark plugs, it should be ok? The zex kit says it has a brain box that controls the fuel.

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
IMHO...sell the zex kit and buy NX or NOS. i dont like some half ass "brain box" controlling the fuel going into my motor.

either way..you should be jsut fine..as a safety i would pick up a larger fuel pump and an adjustable FPR..other then that 2 steps colder on the plugs and back off your timing some and you're golden.

· Registered
54 Posts
Thats what I like to hear lol, thats the only reason i installed SRP's because I wanted to run nitrous in the future. So if I ran a 55 or 75 dry shot with colder spark plugs, it should be ok? The zex kit says it has a brain box that controls the fuel.
I say go wet and you insist on going dry. Simple dry kits damage fuel injectors due to high fuel pressure it mess up the pulsation of the injectors like what a FMU does. I also think you should go with NOS or NX kit. I run NOS kits in both my cars.

· Registered
401 Posts
The ZEX kit is virtually idiot proof once installed right. It does all the hard stuff for you - No wiring in of fuel cut off switches or worry about wether or not the mix is right - it adjusts it for you. Select yMore experienced users will find that the ZEX kit isn't right for them. But for a majority ofthe people out there just starting out with spray - it is a GREAT place to start. Select your jets and go. I personally won't run anything but a Multiport setup due to dry and wet single nozzle distribution issues. BOTH wet and dry single nozzle sets have thier drawbacks - usually not a problem if the kit is used right and under the 100hp mark though.
HENRY

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.