Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, my a friend of mine has an 08 si coupe and he likes to put my car down... i finally got his to agree to race me on a track (orlando speedworld), so just like everyone else, i need to squeeze that extra 10th or so off my 1/4 to make sure hes looking at my old crappy tail lights, with all our co-workers watching!

anyway i have a gutted 95 cx hatch with a b16a2 and gsr tranny. stock except for ebay intake, dc header, test pipe, 2.25" skunk2 catback, chipped p26 ecu, excedy flywheel, 6puck.

i have been running a "sneaky pete" dry 50 shot hooked to the random blocked port on the top of the intake manifold without any problems, but i wanted to bump it up just for this race. i was thinking maybe a 75.

i.m not sure off hand, but i think the car still has the stock fuel pump for the d15. (i'm going to go check as soon as i post this) i also dont know much about the ecu other than i can see the chip that says "sst".

i was planning on getting cooler plugs, and checking/ maybe retarding the timing a little.

THE BIG QUESTION!!! what should i do to ensure i have enough fuel. bigger fuel pump? how big? (autozone has an edelbrock performance pump for $160) maybe bigger injectors? from what? fuel rail? i also dont know how the chip is programed, so i dont know if it will advance the timing or what the fuel mix is like?

any tips on making sure i have enough fuel, and maybe anything i missed would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
dont waste your time, your b16 isnt gonna beat the K, unless you get boost and a proper tune and the right gear. As you are, hes gonna waste you

Gutting your car is ridiculously foolish

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i raced an 06-07 si in town and i beat him by a car without the spray (not that 50 does much)... i just assumed the kid didnt know how to drive...

my friend with the 08 doesnt know how to drive either... he just spins all the time, and he swears thet his car is sooooooo much faster because its a 6 speed! not because he has a k20, he just thinks 6 speeds makes it faster. lol.

as far as the car being gutted... all thats removed is the carpet and rear seats... the carpet was removed before i got the car, and i hate it. my change falls out of my pockets at rattles on the floor. i've been checking junkyards but if i even find a carpet its either destroyed or a stupid color. as for the rear seats, i just got rear ended, so i took the rear seats and spare tire out so i can start on the repairs. the rear seats have only been out for 2 days, and it just so happens he finally agreed to race... and i cant see putting them back in to race and them pulling them back out.

anyway... all summed up, i know the 08 is faster, but im relying on his lack of driving skills and any little edge i can get.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
as long as he doesnt stall or drive away, hes gonna win. Stop racing.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think your overestimating the k20 trying to lug the heaviest civic ever produced...

i have never seen an 06+ stock civic si break into the 14s. they are supposed to run 15.1, but every one i have seen has been between 15.4 and 15.8

my civic ran 14.8 on street tires before the flywheel/clutch and without spray. oh, and with he rear seats! lol.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Hate being an asshole, but I gotta ask you to prove that:giggle

· Registered
11,861 Posts
i think your overestimating the k20 trying to lug the heaviest civic ever produced...

i have never seen an 06+ stock civic si break into the 14s. they are supposed to run 15.1, but every one i have seen has been between 15.4 and 15.8

my civic ran 14.8 on street tires before the flywheel/clutch and without spray. oh, and with he rear seats! lol.
an 08 si stock can break into the 14's. but from the sounds of it you should have him with just the 50 shot. if you can't beat him with the 50 shot, the extra 25 isn't gonna be the difference maker.

· Registered
359 Posts
i wouldnt really try to get a 75 dry shot. honestly i wouldnt be running a dry shot since you have the stock fuel pressure regulator system (i just assumed that) so what made you go with the dry system instead of the wet systems? anyways i think your best mod will be an adjustable fuel pressure regulator since the dry systems rely on the FPR to respond to the increased ammounts of air into the manifold.

depending on your driving skills you might have a chance.

and to mattilston do you even know what your talking about? really your posts are non informative and really serve no purpose.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and to mattilston do you even know what your talking about? really your posts are non informative and really serve no purpose.[/QUOTE said:
hahaha.... X2... i just found a couple more pointless posts from him.
i think hes just mad at the world because he drives a stock automatic base model with 3 rims.

anyway... thats the first good answer i've gotten... i'm going to look into the fpr now... do you think i need to do anything about the stock 1.5 fuel pump?

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh, and i have the dry system because i traded it for something a couple years ago. i pretty much got it for nothing, and i dont want to invest in a wet kit, because i want to turbo the car soon. i just have to do more research, it will be my first time piecing a kit together myself. the only turbo cars i've worked on were turbo from the factory, just upgraded with aftermarket goodies. i'm still figuring out compressor maps and injector size and whatnot.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Just cuz im driving a piece of shit del sol doesnt mean ive forgotten all the fun and knowledge gained from wrenching on my EF 4dr.

You assume too much, and I never said once that my posts are meant to be the best advice. Plus, If some one is talking smack about your POS gutted hatch just cuz he has a boner over his new civic, let it slide. An engine swap and a halfass spray setup will only lead to your engine running super lean if not properly setup.

An easy and sometimes NOT highly regarded setup is to install a FMU along with an Integra fuel pump.

Also to help is some bigger injectors, find some yellow top DSM injectors for less than 100 bones, and get your ECU chipped so you can tune it on crome or neptune

· Registered
359 Posts
hahaha.... X2... i just found a couple more pointless posts from him.
i think hes just mad at the world because he drives a stock automatic base model with 3 rims.

anyway... thats the first good answer i've gotten... i'm going to look into the fpr now... do you think i need to do anything about the stock 1.5 fuel pump?
not here to start an arguement but to answer your question a walbro 255 pump wouldnt hurt you. you really need to look into an aftermarked FPR because if your running the stock one chances are that it cannot respond quickly enough to the sudden demand for more fuel and you might be running slightly lean. its dangerious.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
not here to start an arguement but to answer your question a walbro 255 pump wouldnt hurt you. you really need to look into an aftermarked FPR because if your running the stock one chances are that it cannot respond quickly enough to the sudden demand for more fuel and you might be running slightly lean. its dangerious.
Not calling you out, but arent walbros supposed to be low quality? they are popular, and I myself put one in for my brothers MX3 monster, his didnt fail, but Ive read some about them...

· Registered
359 Posts
oh, and i have the dry system because i traded it for something a couple years ago. i pretty much got it for nothing, and i dont want to invest in a wet kit, because i want to turbo the car soon. i just have to do more research, it will be my first time piecing a kit together myself. the only turbo cars i've worked on were turbo from the factory, just upgraded with aftermarket goodies. i'm still figuring out compressor maps and injector size and whatnot.
if you want to read up on turbos from an engineers view pick up some books. i got 3 books from b&n and they actually are really good reads. "how to tune and modify engine management systems", "honda engines K, B, H, and D", and "turbochargers, superchargers, and nitrious oxide" each book is worth the money.

· Registered
359 Posts
Not calling you out, but arent walbros supposed to be low quality? they are popular, and I myself put one in for my brothers MX3 monster, his didnt fail, but Ive read some about them...
i havnt really looked up if their reliable lol. i just threw one into my car because my pump was on its way out. i figured that if all the cool people had them then i should get one. but i actually hate it with a passion. its whine irritates me to no end.

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
dont waste your time, your b16 isnt gonna beat the K, unless you get boost and a proper tune and the right gear. As you are, hes gonna waste you

Gutting your car is ridiculously foolish

you're on crack..the 08 si's arnt that fast..a b16 with a 50 shot in that light of a car is more than enough to beat the 08. hell..with his setup now and a set of slicks he could be in the low 13's...and with the gsr trans he'll carry mid track very well..

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
Ok, for the Op..stay with the 50..the 75 isnt going to be a deal breaker here...and if you want to go to a 75 shot..NOS makes a dry to wet kit that is relatively cheap...The stock pump and fpr are fine for the 50..but I would upgrade if you want to go higher. The stock fpr is actually pretty good...b&m makes a kit to convert a stock fpr to an adjustable one and that will be plenty for you. You have to be careful with chipped ecus, because depending on the program they advance the ignition timing a lot because they are generally all motor programs. As far as walbro pumps..I have heard bad things about walbro knockoffs..you need to check for manufacturer stamps ont he pump..and theres nothign wrong with walbro pumps..they are great pumps.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Im done with this thread.

There is no way a carpet removal and rear seat removal and a shitty B16 with 50 shot will beat a car that can hit the 14s.

EDIT: no way for an EG^^^

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
Im done with this thread.

There is no way a carpet removal and rear seat removal and a shitty B16 with 50 shot will beat a car that can hit the 14s.
no way? take my car for example...first gen b16, LS trans, 50 shot dry, I,H,E..on slicks i ran a 13.2...no way huh?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.