Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im about to buy 750cc rc injectors and wanted to know will my stock fuel pump still work? Im only pushing up to 350whp so i know they wont be maxed out... what do you guys think?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i know i can increase a stock fuel pump up to 55psi i heard so i was just wondering... not really cheaping anything out here by bottom end is built pretty tough. eagle rods and pistons arp head studs polished crank and acl bearings... and everything is balanced to same weight. but more then likely im going to go with 660cc or the 750cc not sure yet but ive been pricing a 255 fp and for a 100 bucks thats nothing to what ive put into it already.

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
well i know i can increase a stock fuel pump up to 55psi i heard so i was just wondering... not really cheaping anything out here by bottom end is built pretty tough. eagle rods and pistons arp head studs polished crank and acl bearings... and everything is balanced to same weight. but more then likely im going to go with 660cc or the 750cc not sure yet but ive been pricing a 255 fp and for a 100 bucks thats nothing to what ive put into it already.
To put all of that money into a motor, and buy big ass injectors, and try to run them on a stock fuel pump, would be the definition of cheaping out (on the fuel pump). Especially if you can get one for a bill. I wasn't saying your build was cheap.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
hmm add 200 more whp on the stock fuel pump?....sounds like a fun experiment :p
pfft... it'll be easy lets just up the fuel pressure to max it may lower the efficiency, but I think it will have enough pressure. maybe not enough flow? lets do it I'm sure it will work. who needs pistons anyways, I got rotors.

seriously though, that bottom end you just built will be scrap metal, it will run lean the whole time and detonation will destroy it all. you would be lucky to get away will a melted ring land, more than likely the whole piston will melt until it is seized in the cylinder. don't skimp on fuel supply.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
pfft... it'll be easy lets just up the fuel pressure to max it may lower the efficiency, but I think it will have enough pressure. maybe not enough flow? lets do it I'm sure it will work. who needs pistons anyways, I got rotors.

seriously though, that bottom end you just built will be scrap metal, it will run lean the whole time and detonation will destroy it all. you would be lucky to get away will a melted ring land, more than likely the whole piston will melt until it is seized in the cylinder. don't skimp on fuel supply.
if you effed my car up. i will kill you.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
if you effed my car up. i will kill you.
so you don't care i hurt myself??

though i do have a black eye your car is fine. april fools.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cool thanks just got one and some rc550... now just got to tune it all over again... good time good times

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i thought i was about to get them but i didnt 750cc are just kind of over kill for my set up... or well at least the math is when i figure it up...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i couple of web pages had it... more like a rule of thumb equation...but that doesnt follow with fuel pr or anything i know you can always up the fuel pr and not keep it stock at 43psi

1 - 20 of 20 Posts