Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my folks got a 7thgen av6 auto. love the car, lots of power

anyways, whenever i or my parents or anyone turns on the ignition, the little light that tells you what gear you are in turns on, in this case since the car is parked, the red light by P is on. however, the green light next to D (or D5) is on as well, but turns off after about 2 seconds.

could there be something wrong with the transmisson? there is no hard jerking when shifting and the car only has about 20,000 miles. thanks

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
skarteez said:
my folks got a 7thgen av6 auto. love the car, lots of power

anyways, whenever i or my parents or anyone turns on the ignition, the little light that tells you what gear you are in turns on, in this case since the car is parked, the red light by P is on. however, the green light next to D (or D5) is on as well, but turns off after about 2 seconds.

could there be something wrong with the transmisson? there is no hard jerking when shifting and the car only has about 20,000 miles. thanks
thats normal for the car to run light up for a few seconds. its the computer running a full diagnostic on the transmission, making sure everything is there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts