Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ive been out of my parents house for 8 months now and i left my '98 civic dx there too, well my mom decided after a few weeks that she wouldnt drive it regularly or at least once a week and now the battery is dead and who knows what else is wrong with it, does any1 know of any more problems a car being left off for 8 months could cause? i am going back there to live in three months and am goin to have to fix everything and it cant even pass emmissions either no air box, no cat and a leak in the exhaust. oh and also my car doesnt even have 5th gear its been missing it since earlier last year.......bad tranny so im stuck with 4 gears now but it still shifts fine but grinds a little

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
BTW in like a month or so i will let you have the transmission out of my sedan if you want it. shifts smooth and good in all gears ;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
96civic3door said:
BTW in like a month or so i will let you have the transmission out of my sedan if you want it. shifts smooth and good in all gears ;)
ok sounds good!! i havent heard my car without grinds in years now hit me up when u head down 910-987-3678 ask for me cause its my roomates phone

·
Registered
908 Posts
To the OP:

Charge battery, oil change, check the fluid levels, and check the tire pressure. Go over the car very carefully looking for signs of rusting or wear on things like ground wires, brake rotors, etc.

I left my 92 DX at my Dad's for a while. Tire pressure was almost undriveable and the rotors started getting rust spots.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Slipjack said:
To the OP:

Charge battery, oil change, check the fluid levels, and check the tire pressure. Go over the car very carefully looking for signs of rusting or wear on things like ground wires, brake rotors, etc.

I left my 92 DX at my Dad's for a while. Tire pressure was almost undriveable and the rotors started getting rust spots.
well my car has been sitting in the driveway and not in a garage so yeah there could be rusting, but i am gonna get oil change, check tire pressure, tranny flushed, and probably just gonna get a new battery

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.