Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get some opinions on this, I have a jrsc at 6psi on my crx (mods listed below). I just ordered the 8psi boost upgrade kit and currently my cylinder head is milled 40 thousandths. I know that Mr. Gasket has just come out with a stackable head gasket for the D16Z6 motor, which will fit the A6 also. Some people tell me just to run the 8psi with the milled head. The compression ratio is about 10 to 1 now. It wouldn't be the end of the world if the motor blew up since they are cheap motors and I'm a mechanic and also the car is not a daily driver. But I don't want to set myself up for a blown engine for sure. I definately would have it all dyno tuned. What are your opinions? thanks

· Registered
310 Posts
It sounds like it is going to be a killer combo, throw fuel at it and water injection, I want to do the say thing, I was going to raise the compression of my engine to 11:1 and run 8psi...I think it is going to give you a real powerful midrange, your cars is making the same numbers that my car is making at 8psi without water injection, I would have to say your milled head and water injection has bought you around 20 whp...keep going

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm going to just try it and see what happens. Actually the car was tuned prior to me adding the water injection, so there is probably a few more horses left at the 6psi. I just got the boost upgrade kit today so I'll be installing everything this weekend. I'll let you know how it works out, of course I'm going to have it dyno tuned sometime soon also to see how much more I get from this.

I'd be really leary about running 11 to 1 compression on your car....especially on regular pump gas. I think 10 to 1 is pushing it.....we'll see.

· Registered
310 Posts
I am just pondering thoughts at this time, the more I learn about compression I am getting a better understanding that it alone will not make power I will have to use it to burn globs of fuel...but i am really impressed with your horsepower figures so far, this little adventure you are about to take seems very cool...Can't what to here the results...cspina

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.