Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't a "Jet Boat" powered by a Jet engine? Or am I slow because it's early AM... lol

Sounds cool

~Peace

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, a jet boat is a boat that has no propeller. It is the same thing as a jet ski but bigger. An engine turns a shaft which turns an impeller inside of a sealed chamber that the water runs through. So, out of the back you have a jet of water comming out at high speed.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I don't think boats were ever meant to do that. That thing could beat a freakin drag bike I didn't know how fast it was til I watched the 60-102 pull and damn. I wonder what that thing would do in a jet ski? They should make one and see if it doesn't take flight. I don't see how that boat didn't take off. That's probably the sickest jet boat I've ever seen. rep for the guy that posted the 60-102 pull.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Holy shit that was insane!!! I have watched the Jet Sprints for years which are boats that accelerate really quick and turn with over 5g's of force but they pretty much top out at like 65-70. That thing was just getting started at that speed!! Wow that was nice!!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I know when I watched it I was like wow ok so what now then turbo spool time :D The vid boat sounded pretty nice too

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I give a congrats to whoever thought "mmm lets put a Japanese, high reving motor in a jet boat and see what happens?" I was waiting to see that. you see all the jet boats with big american V8's in them and I bet that thing would kill them. I want to see a 1500hp supra motor in a jet boat.. haha. I think I am going to do that. tomorrow when I get back from work I will. make a video and post it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.