Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
it's a shell in good solid condition. no rust. no suspension either. So everything would be built from the ground up.

The 86 from Initial D was a hatch. this isnt a hatch. I'm considering it because of price, condition and weight. it's a light RWD platform that would be fun to build on. if anyone had a pre 92 rx7 to build on for as cheap i'd go for that. or a s13/s14 shell..

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
it's a shell in good solid condition. no rust. no suspension either. So everything would be built from the ground up.

The 86 from Initial D was a hatch. this isnt a hatch. I'm considering it because of price, condition and weight. it's a light RWD platform that would be fun to build on. if anyone had a pre 92 rx7 to build on for as cheap i'd go for that. or a s13/s14 shell..
i sold my sr20 240sx in august

and if i could find an FC i would buy it before you could :p

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
There is an 86 Corolla around here that is running and driveable. Has some rust and no cat. But it's only $800. It even has the wheels. :lmao

And it's a hatch.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I forgot its iron... but is that so far fetched when we have seen goons put a 350 in a CRX? lol I've seen a 440 in a PT cruizer and it looks completely stock. The amount of work was insane to do it that way but its phenomenal, so perfect that it looks as if it came that way from the factory.

Parts would be a bitch if you were going for a complete OEM reconditioned setup. If you were customizing things it wouldn't be such a problem because of different items you may put on the car instead of its original equipment.

I'd Z engine it and drop a turbo in with new age engine management. :)

Thank god you can do shit yourself. We get people in here all the time that think they can just go to work and get shit done like they are playing with lego's. Hell I have a garage, welder, compressor, and other toys and can't always do shit I want done. IE-push/pull bearings on a hub. I used to have access to a lift. but not anymore. :/

I need to convince the wife to let me pour some concrete and put in a lift with a nice new 2 car garage. :rolleyes

Marques the engine design can do 11k, as it only has a 77mm stroke, it ends up at a speed of 26meters per second or some shit which is the cap of formula 1 engines. but thats absurd to build such a small engine with such high end componets. better to drop in a triple rotor /w boost :D rotaries are light :)

afterall who would want to rebuild every 20k miles or so(depending on how hard it was driven) probably couldn't max it out for over 6 hours of use without throwing shit apart.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
I forgot its iron... but is that so far fetched when we have seen goons put a 350 in a CRX? lol I've seen a 440 in a PT cruizer and it looks completely stock. The amount of work was insane to do it that way but its phenomenal, so perfect that it looks as if it came that way from the factory.

Parts would be a bitch if you were going for a complete OEM reconditioned setup. If you were customizing things it wouldn't be such a problem because of different items you may put on the car instead of its original equipment.

I'd Z engine it and drop a turbo in with new age engine management. :)

Thank god you can do shit yourself. We get people in here all the time that think they can just go to work and get shit done like they are playing with lego's. Hell I have a garage, welder, compressor, and other toys and can't always do shit I want done. IE-push/pull bearings on a hub. I used to have access to a lift. but not anymore. :/

I need to convince the wife to let me pour some concrete and put in a lift with a nice new 2 car garage. :rolleyes

Marques the engine design can do 11k, as it only has a 77mm stroke, it ends up at a speed of 26meters per second or some shit which is the cap of formula 1 engines. but thats absurd to build such a small engine with such high end componets. better to drop in a triple rotor /w boost :D rotaries are light :)

after-all who would want to rebuild every 20k miles or so(depending on how hard it was driven) probably couldn't max it out for over 6 hours of use without throwing shit apart.
they hacked apart the firwall and pushed the engine far back. A 2JZ is TALL and it's heavier than 90% of modern day v8's. the i believe complete long block minus flywheel, fan and tranny is 525-530 lbs. a complete motor and tranny will easily hit 700+lbs and that's being optimistic. The new 5.0 mustang v8 DOHC at 412 hp is 430ish lbs without tranny :lol

i know that it can hit 11K you can make anymotor do 11K with enough money. but it won't do it stock and it won't do it reliably for cheap. like i said that motor was for the sake of the anime although there was allegedly a race spec 4ag that did hit those numbers but it was on wikipedia so i don't know how true it was and i'm certainly not gonna waste my time looking for it. for that amount of money that would be needed to accomplish such a task you would have a lightweight v8 in there making more 2.5x's the power lol and similar gas mileage

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
i know that it can hit 11K you can make anymotor do 11K with enough money. but it won't do it stock and it won't do it reliably for cheap. like i said that motor was for the sake of the anime although there was allegedly a race spec 4ag that did hit those numbers but it was on wikipedia so i don't know how true it was and i'm certainly not gonna waste my time looking for it. for that amount of money that would be needed to accomplish such a task you would have a lightweight v8 in there making more 2.5x's the power lol and similar gas mileage
heh i tried to tell a friend of mine that doing that kind of setup was a waste of time but hes all about it- hes got the silver top 20 valve engine.- then I believe at one point he thought he could do 16k rpm with that motor and my other friend just looks at him like hes a retard as he says "that mathematically impossible.. that just doesn't even make logical sense"" and of course our knowing friend just proves how much he doesn't know about engines. Yea hes an Initial D fan to boot. so you can imagine him thinking that his engine is ready for 11k and then he thinks hes gonna drop in lightweight shit and get to 16 grand ROTFLOL.

Now imagine this guy can weld and has certs. but he couldnt diagnose an electrical issue in his car nor could he tell the difference between the transmission noise he THOUGHT he heard and piston slap/rod knock. Hes smart but hes not.. you gotta know someone like that.

I try to tell people all the time that V8's get fine gas mileage it just the cars they are most often put in weigh in excess of 3800 lbs and you just can't get good gas mileage hauling around 2 tons.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
heh i tried to tell a friend of mine that doing that kind of setup was a waste of time but hes all about it- hes got the silver top 20 valve engine.- then I believe at one point he thought he could do 16k rpm with that motor and my other friend just looks at him like hes a retard as he says "that mathematically impossible.. that just doesn't even make logical sense"" and of course our knowing friend just proves how much he doesn't know about engines. Yea hes an Initial D fan to boot. so you can imagine him thinking that his engine is ready for 11k and then he thinks hes gonna drop in lightweight shit and get to 16 grand ROTFLOL.

Now imagine this guy can weld and has certs. but he couldnt diagnose an electrical issue in his car nor could he tell the difference between the transmission noise he THOUGHT he heard and piston slap/rod knock. Hes smart but hes not.. you gotta know someone like that.

I try to tell people all the time that V8's get fine gas mileage it just the cars they are most often put in weigh in excess of 3800 lbs and you just can't get good gas mileage hauling around 2 tons.
lol all good points.....and if i had a hachi-roku i would do a sivlertop swap for shits and giggles and peppy daily driver. you can have them for 452 shipped and they have itb's and vvt and a decent amount of tq for a 1.6 liter......they make better numbers than a b16 and almost 1/4 the price :p

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
lol all good points.....and if i had a hachi-roku i would do a sivlertop swap for shits and giggles and peppy daily driver. you can have them for 452 shipped and they have itb's and vvt and a decent amount of tq for a 1.6 liter......they make better numbers than a b16 and almost 1/4 the price :p
like i said in this thread earlier the only issue with that swap is the firewall clearence which makes people dent it out and reroute/lose the heater or put in a modification to the dizzy(remount kits for the front) or the best a hall sensor setup with coil setups for ignition(sex)

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
like i said in this thread earlier the only issue with that swap is the firewall clearence which makes people dent it out and reroute/lose the heater or put in a modification to the dizzy(remount kits for the front) or the best a hall sensor setup with coil setups for ignition(sex)
same goes for sr20vet head swaps in 240s

·
Administrator
648 Posts
Back from the dead.

sosracer - Not sure if you got the shell or not. But if you need some questions or need advice I have a ton I can give you.

The supra motor is heavy. It will throw off the weight ratio from front to rear. You will need custom motor mounts, trans mount, driveshaft, You will need to cut the trans tunnel. cut the shifter hole.

For the 20 valve you would need to cut the spot for the dizzy. Or get a dizzy and water hose relocation kit. Which can add up.

The mr2 motor is not a straight bolt in. In the mr2, The motor sits side to side. Where is the ae86 it sits front to back. So you will need motor mounts and brackets to start. a different tranny as well. I believe you need to modify the intake manifold as well.

here are some random pics of my car. I have a sr20det motor. car sill being build right now so don't have any current full car pics.

new rims

picture of outside with old rims no cf trunk...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts