Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend has a 86 prelude si 2.0 liter automatic she drives the car for a period of time it's random how long it takes but what happens is that it will start to bog down really bad to where it just goes to idle speed even with the gas pressed and eventually it will die and then you have to let is sit for about an hour before it will start again and then it'll do it again and i'm not sure what would cause this and i'm looking to help her get it fixed any help is appreciated i will post more when she lets me drive the car i'm going off of her description of what it's doing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,921 Posts
honda_racing101 said:
check the code from the ecu. its under the rear ashtray on the drivers side. turn the ignition to on and count the blinks. then google 1986 prelude ecu codes or something like it and that will tell you what code it is.
If you search our forums for something like "Check CEL Codes", I'm sure you'd find out how to both pull and read the codes. At the very least, pull the codes and bring them back here so we can help you more. I think that Autozone also does free CEL diagnostics.

~Peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,710 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
If you search our forums for something like "Check CEL Codes", I'm sure you'd find out how to both pull and read the codes. At the very least, pull the codes and bring them back here so we can help you more. I think that Autozone also does free CEL diagnostics.

~Peace
Do you have a 2nd gen lude? didnt think so. Thats how you check the ecu codes on them. Ive done it many times. And yeah autozone does free CELs for OBD II cars. not OBD 0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,921 Posts
honda_racing101 said:
Do you have a 2nd gen lude? didnt think so. Thats how you check the ecu codes on them. Ive done it many times. And yeah autozone does free CELs for OBD II cars. not OBD 0
What's how you check the ECU codes on them... I don't get your post at all. I didn't know that Autozone does OBDII checks only. Thanks for the heads up.

~Peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,710 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
What's how you check the ECU codes on them... I don't get your post at all. I didn't know that Autozone does OBDII checks only. Thanks for the heads up.

~Peace
the ecu is under the ashtray in the back seat on the drivers side

pull out the ashtray thingy and you'll see the ecu.

the ecu has a little light built into it, and if its throwing a code the light will blink. just turn the ignition to on and count the blinks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,921 Posts
honda_racing101 said:
the ecu is under the ashtray in the back seat on the drivers side

pull out the ashtray thingy and you'll see the ecu.

the ecu has a little light built into it, and if its throwing a code the light will blink. just turn the ignition to on and count the blinks.
Interesting. Didn't know that at all. Thanks for the info.

~Peace
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top