Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
87 accord headlight frame(link working now)

hi
i had an accident and the frame of the headlight is bent(see pic). is this part replaceable or should i try to fix it manually? thanx

PIC

·
Registered
579 Posts
vagabond

From the looks of it, I do not see much damage besides to the drivers side fender. The next decision depends on how good of a bodyman you are. Like I said the fender appears to have the only damage so you have two choices.

1 is to go out and buy another fender from a junkyard (junkyards should have a pretty good supply of these) then take it to maco before putting in on your car to be painted. After that just bolt it right on to fix the problem.

2 is to out and get a set of automotive body hammers. Autozone, Advance, Oreillys, and Napa will stock these at a cost of normally 20 - 30 bucks for cheapos (3 piece set). Next lay the fender down so you are looking at the inside of the fender (side that faces your engine) and very gently start to beat the piece back to its original size (may take about 2-3 hours). I would then use bondo to fill in the small dimples that will occur. Let the bondo dry overnight and then use wetatory sand paper (2200 grit or higher) to sand fender back down to a smooth finish. When you are done have the entire fender repainted if you would like and your headlight should work fine. Only do this process if you are pretty good with your hands or else you will just be wasted your time. If you need any further help just post back.

Later

1 - 3 of 3 Posts