Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heh

if i was getting 20mpg i'd be happy compared to my old truck, so i could really care less about mileage

·
Registered
945 Posts
Do you have pics?

I heard those were kind of sporty when they came out. I would improve upon things that needed improvement and left alone the rest. What engine came with that model?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
uhmmm...

it's a 91hp fuel injected engine is all i know. same one as the 87 crx si's. it looks alot like the 88 civic hatch cept it is flat in the back instead of bowing out.

i dont have any pics cause it's in the shop getting the fuel injector fixed. it's a red 87 hatchback si

·
Registered
638 Posts
Jebadia33 said:
Is my stock 87 si engine even worth modding? Or should i engine swap, and what would the best swap be?
This is what I would do . Depending on what u mean by modding....I'd do this ..Ebay.
Headers 50 bucks.
Intake 40 bucks .
Exhaust? ...I dono ..i'd go to a muffler shop and do something 200 bucks maybe.

Advance the timing a bit on that distributor and you'll feel a little difference. LoL.
Cheap coil overs or springs 50 bucks.

The reason why im saying cheap parts is because the honest truth is ..no its not worth modding....with name brand or premium stuff. The car is 20 years old man. But for the fun of it ..i'd hook it up with some cheap stuff off ebay and make it a fun beater car. I WISH i had never sold my 91 4 dr civic. If i didnt need the money that time I'd have kept it and hooked it up. Now seeing a buddy of mine with his 4 dr too. I regret it so much. Cuz for a beater car, the little stuff that you do to it ..will actually make the car so much better looking. Thats what he did. Lowered it, intake, exhaust , wheels..my goodness its not the best looking car but what a difference. Plus on top of that, if you already have a nice and newer car its not bad to have a daily driver that you dont mind putting miles on. A 1.5 with a bit of love aint too shabby. wont beat anyone by no means but its just the fun of it.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Redpepper is a good place to look, alot of people road race the third gen civic/1st gen crx's. If I were you I would do a turbo kit, at 5-7 psi it would be alot of fun, anything above 5-6 psi really wakes a N/A motor up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is what I would do . Depending on what u mean by modding....I'd do this ..Ebay.
Headers 50 bucks.
Intake 40 bucks .
Exhaust? ...I dono ..i'd go to a muffler shop and do something 200 bucks maybe.

Advance the timing a bit on that distributor and you'll feel a little difference. LoL.
Cheap coil overs or springs 50 bucks.

The reason why im saying cheap parts is because the honest truth is ..no its not worth modding....with name brand or premium stuff. The car is 20 years old man. But for the fun of it ..i'd hook it up with some cheap stuff off ebay and make it a fun beater car. I WISH i had never sold my 91 4 dr civic. If i didnt need the money that time I'd have kept it and hooked it up. Now seeing a buddy of mine with his 4 dr too. I regret it so much. Cuz for a beater car, the little stuff that you do to it ..will actually make the car so much better looking. Thats what he did. Lowered it, intake, exhaust , wheels..my goodness its not the best looking car but what a difference. Plus on top of that, if you already have a nice and newer car its not bad to have a daily driver that you dont mind putting miles on. A 1.5 with a bit of love aint too shabby. wont beat anyone by no means but its just the fun of it.
haha it's an 87 it doesn't interchange with any parts off eBay I have exact same car myself and unfortunately nothing works so in order to mod anything ull have to drop some decent $ into it can't buy ebay headers they won't work only ones I was able to find were some used sets down in Florida I'm in idaho so wasn't going to b worth it for me but do agree with lower post if want a difference u can feel then turbo it with a small turbo so not to blow gaskets if not rebuilding or rebuilt im currently driving mine without a turbo due to going to have to have turbo exhaust built by machinist which have no idea what that would cost there is a web site cheddasauto.com that has a intake adapter so can adapter to a bigger newer I take which cost $200 for the adapter which I bought one myself but two days before receiving it in mail my edelbrock intake wa stolen out of my car so yet to change mine out which saddens me but if want to feel difference on handling look into get some sway bars I've seen then on amazon and ebay before for cheap that works for our 87's hope u see this post and maybe help u out in some way

1 - 9 of 9 Posts