Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right place to put this, I was just wondering what ECU does the 4th gen Civic & 2nd Gen Rex's have.. does the article about 'chipping' your ecu on the Superhonda page apply for these ECU's too? Do the DX's & SI's etc. have different ECUs also?

And if somone was to 'Chip' their ECU and not have anything on the card thing that goes into the ZIF reader thing, would it just run as a stock ECU?

I've heard just useing a 90-92 tegra ECU will make your car performe better too, can these be chipped also, and would it be worth it? and what would be better with a ZC swap; Integra ECU or a 'chipped' ECU, is there a difference? just explain alittle, I dont know much about this... Thanks and sorry if I worded this stupid...

-killo

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
The ecu you have depends on what motor you have. If you have an 88-91 Civic/CRX that is not an Si model, the ecu is junk and shouldn't be given any thought as it is DPFI. The Si uses the PM6 ecu which is good and can be chipped, the Integra ecu is the PM7. You can use the PM7 in the Civic (provided it is an Si, or has been converted to MPFI). Since the ZC comes from early Integras, I'd use the integra ecu if it's cheap and available.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Integra One

Go with the integra PM7, just go to a junkyard find a teg then just plug and play...my buddy has a CRX w/ a ZC when he put the PM7 in it moved his revlimiter up to 7900 i believe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts