Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a 88 crx 5 speed. When I am in 2nd and 4th gear and hit the gas it slips out of gear. Only those 2 gears do it. If you hold the shifter, you can feel it trying to come ouot of gear but while holding with your hand it will stay in gear..?.. Anyone know what the problem and solution is? Any info would be greatly appreciated!! :bh

PS: There is no gear grind at all

·
Registered
48 Posts
mine did the same thing then i swapped in the ZC motor and used the same tranny but changed all the motor/trans mounts and it dont do it anymore so im thinking that it was the mounts being old.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My brothers toyota pickup did that but only in 2nd but the guy said that 4th was about to go. See his pickup has a 4in lift body/suspension and stock gears (4.10:1) and 33in tires. If you guys have any idea about toyotas and there 4cyl. they are pretty weak and the clutch was going to so that didn't help out. HE evetually had to pay $350-$400 for new 2nd & 4th gears.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm

I dont know why the mounts would have anything to do with 2nd and 4th gear but I will check them out.. thanks for the info guys..

·
Registered
48 Posts
if your mounts are bad in causes the motor and tranny to move on acceleration or decceleration which causes your tranny cable to move in turn causing the tranny to pull out of gear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NaZcCrx said:
if your mounts are bad in causes the motor and tranny to move on acceleration or decceleration which causes your tranny cable to move in turn causing the tranny to pull out of gear.
Ahh, I see.. I'll check that out as soon as the friggin snow stops.. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts