Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well i have a 88 zc tranny in right know, i pulled a 89+ 4 speed tranny out. my problem is i didnt git a hole new clutch, just a clutch disk. (the 21 spline disk that is 200mm, not 212mm like my flywheel and clutch plate is made for. but than the only 212mm 20 spline disk is the 89 so what i have is a 89 plate and flywheel and a 88 disk.) and im pritty sure thats my problem lol, and the plate is worn out. allright to the ? will my 89 flywheel work with my 88 spec clutch im gitting? or will i have to git a knew flywheel? plz no smart ass ?s i did my homework im just tryin to see if its posable, or will i have to git a new flywheel. if i do have to git a flywheel who make a good one for an 88. act, clutchmaster, spec, exc..

· Registered
10,346 Posts
try google, im sure there is at least one website that gets boners over ZC's that could help. Other then that, I would try to source a same year part, or get a new clutch altogether, sorry I cant help much.

· Registered
1,993 Posts

· Registered
417 Posts
89 flywheel will work with 88 clutch - 88 and 89 flywheels are for 200mm diameter clutch - 90 and 91 flywheels are for 212mm diameter clutch - you can also use the 90-91 flywheel and 90-91 pressure plate with an 88 Accord clutch disc - the Accord disc is 212mm with 21 splines

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i just took a look at my plate, and flywheel there both 212mm so i have 90-91 plate, flywheel. and ive been runing a 200mm disk on it lol so im gessin thats one reson my clutch has gone out. but than i havent run it very long like that. anyway ive been loking at sum valeo clutch kits, ive got a valeo in, that is the one i got in that went out. but when i got it i was very impresed on the clamping and that was the lowest clutch kit thay have. and its only like 110$ and the clutch lasted for a while so i think im just going to go with that agen. and if i do go with that im goin to have to git a flywheel so dose anyone know or have an opion on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.