Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy my wife a new Civic (or new Accord). How are the 06+ Civics (non SI) working out for those who own one. Probably get her an EX auto.

So far I've seen the block casting issue causing coolant leaks on the 06 and 07s. But the issue surfaced while under warranty so it go fixed.

Any other big things to be wary of?

· Registered
141 Posts
I'm looking to buy my wife a new Civic (or new Accord). How are the 06+ Civics (non SI) working out for those who own one. Probably get her an EX auto.

So far I've seen the block casting issue causing coolant leaks on the 06 and 07s. But the issue surfaced while under warranty so it go fixed.

Any other big things to be wary of?
Bought my 06 brand new with 3 miles on the odometor, now were at about 58xxx no problems and i put this car through everything from stripping the interior, i/h/e wheels etc...now its back to stock everything except a nice intake and light wheels and i love it even more in its quiet shape. But do yourself a favor, pick up an 07, there were a lot of recalls in 06 but 07 is the exact same car with no problems. Even though all my recalls were fixed free of charge and some were actually quite pointless, you never know if the previous owner had them fixed or not. Or you could just by mine, i'm sure she would love the galaxy grey

· Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bought my 06 brand new with 3 miles on the odometor, now were at about 58xxx no problems and i put this car through everything from stripping the interior, i/h/e wheels etc...now its back to stock everything except a nice intake and light wheels and i love it even more in its quiet shape. But do yourself a favor, pick up an 07, there were a lot of recalls in 06 but 07 is the exact same car with no problems. Even though all my recalls were fixed free of charge and some were actually quite pointless, you never know if the previous owner had them fixed or not. Or you could just by mine, i'm sure she would love the galaxy grey
Thanks for the info. I might just get a new one, but I'm not enthused about the 09 EX wheels (my wife doesn't either). The earlier EX 5 spoke wheels were a lot better looking to me. With the economy like this, you can get a killer deal on brand new ones...maybe I can get them to put the LX-S wheels on an EX :). What sort of fuel economy are you getting, some people are telling me 32+ around town...these new EPA fuel mileage ratings sure are conservative.

I will say that I love the oil filter location on the R18....after work, I'm in the parking lot of the Honda dealer on my knees looking at the suspension and under the engine and the oil filter is right in the front....no oil spilling down the dust shield for the tranny or the exhaust or the stiffener like on the D16 :).

· Registered
141 Posts
Lol yea i hear ya. I wouldn't go new new, as in 09. Bc your gonna pay more for nothing. I agree, IMO the 5 spoke ex wheels look better then my stock si's. My driving on a regular week consists of about a 65/35 split between city/highway driving and with everything factored in I get about 30mpg not pushin the car too hard.

· Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol yea i hear ya. I wouldn't go new new, as in 09. Bc your gonna pay more for nothing. I agree, IMO the 5 spoke ex wheels look better then my stock si's. My driving on a regular week consists of about a 65/35 split between city/highway driving and with everything factored in I get about 30mpg not pushin the car too hard.
But that's on the SI right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.