Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get a factory service manual for a new Accord? The dealer I bought my 09 from had no idea where to get a service manual...he thought I meant owners manual.

I went to Helms website and they have nothing for 08/09 Accords.

Does it take a couple years for them to put it out?

· Registered
3,077 Posts
Tends to be the newer the manuals the harder they are to find online. I'd check the stickeys as they are the most up to date on manuals. If your really gunghoe about having a service manual for your Accord its probably going to cost a bit of money for one.

You'll have to go to a dealership and speak with one of the more experienced mechanics to get your hands on one from the factory. I know service manuals from Subaru cost a dealership like 300 bucks or some stupid crap.

Good luck.

· Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My coworker told me the one for his wifes 07 Accord was $80 which I felt sound too cheap. The pdf ones I have for 6gen Civics and 3gen Integras are like 3000 pages, so a hard copy seems like it would have to cost more than 80.

· Registered
3,077 Posts
lol 80, probably more, yes.

· Registered
579 Posts
the service manual makers have to look at the fact that no car under 2 years old should really need service yet, there is always an exception but then again it would fall under the dealers problem ;). With Honda's, they don't change much so working on a newer car should be pretty second nature if you have had one before. Thats why I love them.

· Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a 08 Accord I4 manual...should be the same for the 09.

I know the d series in and out, but the k24 is a 'bit' different :).

The 08 is $125 new....not too bad, but if I wait a couple years, I'm sure someone will have a pdf of it for free :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.