Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting about the beloved 90-93 CB7 and its loyal following of followers. Let's face it, the CB7 is aging, but yet a very plentiful, reliable, and solid platform. The rage is with the smaller Civics, but I want to point out that you no longer need a Civic to go fast. I am sure that most of you by now realize this already, but for many newcommers, the Accord may be their very first Honda (because of its availibility) and you may feel like there is only limited things you can do to these cars. My intention is to revive an interest in this platform and offer hope to everyone who shares my interest.

Not being cocky, but my Accord should serve as hope to some. I know I put tons of money into R & D, but now that it is nearly finished, the car could be duplicated for much, much less. Never fear. I have found what works and what doesn't based on my limited resources. This should offer even more hope to those who have even more resources now with increased parts on the market. Be wary though some parts aren't "all that".

I would like to find out if there is still an interest in Drag racing in particular using this car. Since the car is aging, they are cheaper to buy. I know that everyone has a Civic and that is what is really the "cool thing", but what if I could prove to you that the Accord can go just as fast? We here at collective racing are developing new parts for this platform. They are long over due, but never to late. Traction control, CAI, Intake manifolds, motor mounts, and othe parts are coming really quick! Our goal is to revive this platform and gain some well deserved respect for our fellow Accord owners.

Basically, what I am posting for is to get feedback from you. What interests do you guys have in this platform, what parts would help? Are we losing interest in this car since it is older? I feel that NO, is the answer, but the industry seems to have forgotten the older Accord. I want to change that. But I need your help.

I would like for every member who reads this to add your own input not to just move to the next topic. I want to know if looks, handling, swaps, racing.... whatever is your interest, I would like your perspective. Please post a comment about your feelings about what I am attempting to do.

respectfully,
Scott

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
thats awesome man and i love my accord also i want to do the h22 swap but still too expensive right now i wanna see someone build up a f22a6 or what have you to be just as fast i bought my accord because i loved the way it looked very nice i like the boxy design not the round lines and i have a 5 speed which helps alot my car isnt real fast and basically stock but with everything still hooked up and working my model is an ex loaded i have still beaten many b16 swapped hatches and my friends crx i am a good driver but i feel there is still tons of potential out of this model accord and im not going to strip a thing out of it i love all my goodies anyways hope you guys come up with some great stuff and i also live in arizona i go threw tucson all the time to see my folks in sierra vista so ill stop by some day and say hi and keep up the work the cb7 isnt dead.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
what motor are you building these aftermarket parts for? if it's the f22 then it sounds cool...but the h22 has plenty of parts for itself...

imo these gen accords were never limited to aftermarket engine mods...even minor fabrication and machining wasn't too hard...and i've yet to see anyone reach the limits of either engine in an accord

maybe if you guys made a kseries mount kit or something?

what these cars ARE missing is a camber kit that replaces the control arm for almost limitless (more than you'd need) adjustability...i'm talking about a kit that can actually give your -3 degrees camber...larger rear swaybars, better strut bars (beefy solid ones)...but again i'm not sure of anyone who'd want that kind of adjustability except for a few owners out there...i myself don't see me in my car for more than 3 more years (long time lol) before i pick up one that's more competitive

whatever you do...goodluck...keep us updated and congrats with the project =)

·
Registered
30 Posts
all cb7tuners should give this man a plaque!!!!! i am working on my turbo cb7 , precision sc61 turbo, intercooler- aem ems and alot of other shit to get me to 500 hp!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I think any car can be a driver's car, but I would not go with a front wheel drive setup again. Still going to be dropping money into tuning up the ol' accord, but that's more because I have too much money dropped into it to change now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts