Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellow 4 gen owners...im just curious..

i have a 90-91 4 door LX...my homie has a 92-93 2 door EX...

heres my question....

can a 92-93 ECU be put on a 90-91 accord with no complications?

my friend wants to sell his ex accord....and i just wana grab it cuz im tired having that 112 cut off. thanx for you support!

· Registered
249 Posts
Hmm that a good question, i would have to go with yes on that ecu swap, i dont believe that the connections would be any different on the 92 93' ex. But make sure that the Ex is a 5 speed, because if its an auto, it will also have the 112 cutoff. BTW im not too sure about it but you could definately try. Good luck

· Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
his ex is an auto also....he can go past 112... its only on the lx versions where the cut off is 112....

so back to the question guys..

can an 92-93 autowaktic ex ecu fit perfectly with 90-91 autowacktic lx car?

· Registered
115 Posts
all the accord ECUs fit fine, and work just fine....

in fact, the EX ECU (f22a6 engine code), has better ignition and fuel curves, no limiters, and overall is a much better ECU, and is a good upgrade for any LX motor ... I felt a good bit of difference, and the car ran just a little ritcher than before.

you can pick one up for like $50-80 depending, and the ECU I have in my car, oddly, came out of a manual, mine is an automagic.

· Registered
679 Posts
Psikoticjed1 said:
his ex is an auto also....he can go past 112... its only on the lx versions where the cut off is 112....

so back to the question guys..

can an 92-93 autowaktic ex ecu fit perfectly with 90-91 autowacktic lx car?
yes has long has you keep the ecu in it's obd class it will swap back and forth.

· Registered
249 Posts
Hey i might have to try that out then, if I happen to come across an Ex ecu for cheep.

· Registered
85 Posts
Psikoticjed1 said:
hey fellow 4 gen owners...im just curious..

i have a 90-91 4 door LX...my homie has a 92-93 2 door EX...

heres my question....

can a 92-93 ECU be put on a 90-91 accord with no complications?

my friend wants to sell his ex accord....and i just wana grab it cuz im tired having that 112 cut off. thanx for you support!
yeah it will fit. if you can get it cheap go for it. Should see a noticeable gain in power. my buddy put a performance ecu in his audi a6 and got like 30hp.

· Registered
85 Posts
Psikoticjed1 said:
im too lazy to find my haynes book but yea..... where is the ecu located at? how long would it take to install the shit? so its just plug and play?
1) disconnect negative battery cable and disable SRS if equipped.
2) Remove control unit attaching bolts
* Once bolts are removed any stored codes are lost
3) Remove the control unit and cover. remove the cover
4) carefully unplug the connectors from the control unit.

to install

5engage the connectors to the unit
6) fit the cover into position. install asssembly and tighten bolts snugly. installl bolt holding the ground lug
7) enable srs system
8) connect negative battery cable
9) turn ignition switch on and check for correct ALB system function.

you gotta remove the dashboard. it looks like a big network hub.

· Registered
7 Posts
I dont think the ecu is under the dashboard. I wanna say that mine is on the floorboard of the passenger side. If you lift up the carpet there is a big metal cover covering something up that apears to be the ecu. But than again i could be wrong.

· Registered
2,618 Posts
thats tight though...30hp gain..but kinda costly..sheez if i can do that i can kill ex accords haha..

· Registered
207 Posts
I think you read/ I wasnt very clear on my post. The ecu is on the passenger side, under the carpet. If you have an auto, there will be 2 computers there. The one on the right is for the tranny and the one on the left is for the motor, but they are both on the passsenger side. L8r

· Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i finally saw it....it looks big with the cover on.. but how do you move that annoying carpet on the left side of the ECU....cuz i got the right side out alright....but the left side carpet is being a bi*ch and its covering one of the bolts...how do i move it aside with out tearing it up?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.