Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you own an old ass 90 civic honda hb like i do? hehe. If so I have a question. How and where do you install your rear speakers? Also, did you make your own parcel shelf? If yes, teach me how to please! Thanks!!:eek:

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Most stereo places are willing to make some simple boxes for cars w/ no rear speaker mounts. And I *THINK* that Honda actually makes them but they are a dealer option. Your easiest route would definantly be having a stereo place build some simple boxes for the speakers and securing them w/ some mount plates.

Good luck.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have an 89 civic hatch, thus my name... when i bought my car it already had pioneers installed in the back. the speakers are placed in the buckets( i guess thats what they are) in the back, like right above the rear wheels. they had cut holes in the bottom of the clothe buckets and sat them inside. they dont fit perfectly, they have a little play in them, but very little, they arent going anywhere

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
made my parcel shelf

Well thanks for your replies guys. After hearing out suggestions from all sorts of sources, I decided to take action and build my parcel shelf out of MDF. It wasn't so hard after all, I had a lot of help from Revy's who did the cutting for me and all i had to do was glue the carpet on. Everything costed me 25$!!; when a parcel shelf from Honda goes for 200$! Now I have a parcel shelf and have 6'9's all set to be installed. One thing tho, i think i should've gotten a thicker MDF because the middle of the shelf seems to be a little unsturdy. I hope all goes well. Again, thanks guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts