Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have searched and didnt find what i was looking for so can a b16a fit in my 90 integra my trans will bolt right up and i need an ecu right?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
The swap is relatively easy kif you have proir mechanical experience. Haveing the LS tranny on that thing is going to kill it. Trust me, I know. I have an LS/VTEC inmy 90 RS and t kinda sucks. Those gears are mad long and ugh... it defeats the purpose, kinda. I still smoke alot of people. :D

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
lugnutRS said:
The swap is relatively easy kif you have proir mechanical experience. Haveing the LS tranny on that thing is going to kill it. Trust me, I know. I have an LS/VTEC inmy 90 RS and t kinda sucks. Those gears are mad long and ugh... it defeats the purpose, kinda. I still smoke alot of people. :D
are you planning on getting a different tranny?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Damn are the gears in the RS really that different from the Vtec engine trannys?
I love the gearing in my RS... well wait... that is compared to the gears in my Civic DX :lol

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
111lb/ft peaking at 7000rpm... with gearing meant for a far more torquey, lower-revving engine... have fun with that one ok? Let me know if you beat any stock LS's.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
The swap would be real easy but I wouldn't go with the B16 personally, the DA is a heavy car far too heavy for a torqueless B16. Put the B16 head on the LS block and use the B16 cable transmission and pistons in the LS block and sell the B16 block. ;)

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Transparent said:
are you planning on getting a different tranny?
Yeah. I'm selling the 240 and getting either a cable B16 tranny or getting a Cable to Hydro conversion and picking up either a B16/GS-R/ or even a type R tranny. The 240 is just not I want to do as of right now.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
i wouldnt put a b16 on that integra on a 90 integra or any integra for that matter. my best friend ownes a 92ls with a b16 swap (he kept the original ls tranny). i helped him do the swap with another friend. not hard at if you know what you're doing. however the car is slow. maybe a lil more kick than before but not much, at least according the the butt dyno. i used to kick him with my 93 dx coupe with a d16y8 swap and basic mods, not by much but i did get him.

if i were you i wouldnt put anything less than a b18c in it.
or an ls/vtec or an h22.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I recently drove a Integra XSi, yes the one from japan, my buddy imports cars, so he let me drive his integra, i own a 91 RS, and compared to my car... that car isn't much quickier... seems zippy.. but it's not that big of a deal, seems like it doesn't have enough torque. Maybe a ls/vtec or crvtec would be more suitable for you? I've heard they make good torque.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey wassup....well if you get the b16a1 everything will fit.. the ecu will also the tranny will bolt up..hopefully they come with motor mounts..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts