Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,085 Posts
well u do get much more light output when u do the conversion

· Registered
685 Posts
culmination said:
from personal experience getting those expensive bulbs are not worth it. generic or cheap brands performs just as well. look on ebay for good prices.
Oh my gosh. Just get the Sylvania SilverStars and you'll thank me. Unlike other "blue" bulbs, this bulb is more white than anything. Don't get those coated bulbs that decrease light output. Believe me, a 9005 conversion will yield around 1700 lumens about half that of HID, but 700 more than a regular 9006 bulb.

9006: 1000 lumens
9005: 1700 lumens
HID: 3200 lumens

Those figures aren't exact, but estimates. It shows that 9005 bulbs would be much better than stock bulbs. But 9005 conversion will make the bulbs blow out quicker.

· Registered
685 Posts
Accord_F22 said:
or just stay stock. For me it's not worth it, i'd rather have either stock bulbs or real HID's
It really doesn't matter. Just go with what you want. This is a tip for those that WANT better light output. I understand some people will be skeptical. So, just don't try it and stick with what you know. I experimented and I'm very happy that I can increase light output by about 70% without spending hundred's.

· Registered
685 Posts
That's a different story. Your Hiper bulbs are high-wattage. SilverStars are normal wattage. Try the 9005 conversion on the SilverStars, you will see that it's brighter than many. Shoot, trying 9005 Hiper Industries bulb at high wattage will probably get you flashed by other drivers. Bad glare plus too much wattage. Check your wiring harness every now and then man.

· Registered
649 Posts
enuff w/ the "9006-05 conversion" talk...just get Sylvania SilverStars 9006, they fit, no custom work necessary - the SSS lo beams are WHITER than my PIAA hi beams if u want comparison. i had a PIAA bulb blow after 2 yrs, so i bought SSS just to replace them & they are BETTER

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.