Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:w00tz Hey all,

I'm looking to replace the rear speakers~can I get 6x9s in there and how do the grills come off?

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turned out to be a simple deal~

1. W/O major rework the 6x9/s wouldn't fit, so I replaced them with 6.5/s and sound great-needed a wiring harness adapter but no big deal.

2. The grills came off with the speakers when I removed the 3 visible nuts on the underside~removed nuts, lifted grill & speaker out, then removed all the visible bolts/screws and replaced.

The new Sony speakers sound great~thankfully the front speakers were in good condition.

Maybe these posts will help someone else sometime~I didn't have much luck in the "search" looking for answers, but then we're talking about a 17 y/o sled, right ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
i replaced my 93 accord speakers with 2 jbl gto series 6 1/2 in rear, and 2 jbl gt5 series 5 1/4 in the front. jbl definately a good quality speaker....

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I got JL 6x9s in the back of my '92 Accord when I had it; the only problem was working around the trunk bar underneath the speaker holes. In my case, the speakers came with a plastic surround to go above the speaker and mount an aftermarket grill. I just put it underneath the 6x9 and it mounted just fine...

·
Registered
221 Posts
i used the stock size 5 1/4's in my 90 coupe but went with JBL and Pioneer speakers for front and rear 75 watt max. my head unit is the double din CD/Cassette combo from a 2003 CRV. I made a custon harness that plugs directly into the 03 radio and into the 90 harness without cutting anything. looks great ,works and sounds great the only difference is the color of the lights when i turn them on at nite but that doesn't bother me. my coupe won't fit 6x9's unless i do work like stated in the thread. if i want a bumpin stereo i'll do one in my 'bu, it has miles of room.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts