Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The brakes on my 91 Accord (theyre 4 wheel disc) are acting up. Sometimes as i'm braking the brake pedal just seems to keep sinking all the way giving me almost no braking power. Is it the mbrake cylinder? Can anyone help me out?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
do you have fluid in there? like a healthy amount of fluid? if so, then yeah, it could be a bad cylinder.....or maybe you have an air/pressure leak somewhere...

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
That happened on my 94. I've been told it's a fairly common problem with 4th and 5th gens. It is, unfortunately, the master cylinder, it has to be replaced. (at least that's what it was on my 5th gen, I assume it's the same. The exact same thing happened to me, it would just sink to the floor when stopped sometimes.)

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
check all....id bleed the brakes too...master cylinder.

the pedal is sinking either cause u have air in there or ur master cylinder is going bad....usually u can tell if the master cylinder is going bad when ur at a light adn the pedal drops.

there is a way to test for pressure in the brake lines...

in my accord i turn off the car, pump the brakes till it gets hard...then hold the brake...if it goes down ur screwed...but then i start the car and if it goes down its fine...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks alot, i was thinking it was the mb cylinder but ya I'll check for all the other stuff u've said. ..:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts