Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
91 civic dx for sale for 300 or maybe less! with pic!

i have a 91 civc dx for sale for 300 dollars. the only thing is i'm located in iowa and the car is in pennsylvania near wilkes barre... i bought it from a friend of the famly for 300.. in hopes i would fly back out this summer and pick it up.......... the reason we didn't just drive it back is because the guy who we bought it from had said the breaks don't work anymore. and he thought it might be the back break line, but he wasn't going to put anymore time into it. as he has to other cars and he had lost his license for awhile....
he said he replaced the cv joints not long before he lost his license maintained the engine. every 3000 mile oil change...... it does have a salvaged title from the first owner who smashed it into a deer and messed up the front end but he got that fixed then sold it a year later to the guy i bought it from... i just found out i'm having twins in july so a 91 hatchback is not going to cut it.

so if anyone knows someone that would like a beater or project car pm me or post here. please someone take this off my hands.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
lemme talk to my friend hes lookin for a hatch

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is a manual and has about 124000 miles on it.the interior is in decent condition but is missing the glove box. it did start but i was unable to drive it, as we were sitting on it sits on top of a hill. there is some rust back by the driver side back fender, and beneath the passenger door. the thing is i bought this car on a whim about two days before i left pennsylvania,around thanksgiving time. so i never got time to really check out the break problem. if anyones serious about buying it, you can get more info from the guy i bought it from, as it still sits in his yard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no more pics sorry, and yes the only thing needed fom what i was told was the backbreak line possibly. it could be something else. but it drives and the 3rd gear synchos are going out.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
one question i have is how is teh interior? is it complete, gutted, ripped?

also i did tell u i was already very interested...i just hope it last long enough for me to buy it...stupid bills are taking up my next paycheck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its to bad the car isnt in iowa, would give you 800 for it, or more....

iowaluder said:
it is a manual and has about 124000 miles on it.the interior is in decent condition but is missing the glove box. it did start but i was unable to drive it, as we were sitting on it sits on top of a hill. there is some rust back by the driver side back fender, and beneath the passenger door. the thing is i bought this car on a whim about two days before i left pennsylvania,around thanksgiving time. so i never got time to really check out the break problem. if anyones serious about buying it, you can get more info from the guy i bought it from, as it still sits in his yard.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, when the other one goes up for sale, contact me, because its already sold, I need project cars, and that will be perfect. So its already sold.

iowaluder said:
Its to bad the car isnt in iowa, would give you 800 for it, or more....
i wish it was here to, the bad thing is i never got to drive it, and i really wanted it but oh well. i will be selling a pos 96 civic lx soon for dirt cheap only because it's got lots of problems and i don't have the time or money to fix it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts