Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, here's the issue. My '91 hatchback (STD, 1.5L) will not seem to go into gear. I can start the car, and move the shifter in place, but when I apply the gas I don't budge. All I do is rev the engine. I think I need a new clutch kit, but wanted to get a third party opinion before dropping money I may not need to. That and I'm wondering if it's not a bad clutch pedal.

Any suggestions folks?

· Registered
1,221 Posts
sounds like a clutch issue or a fucked up trans. if the shift forks inside the trans break or get damaged they will not select a gear when you move the shifter. also make sure something isnt wrong with the shift linkage. will the car let you get into gear or does the shifter just move like a limp dick. best thing to do. buy a clutch and try that and if it turns out to be the trans then replace the trans. either way i wont take my trans off without replacing the clutch (but thats just me. my friends say i waste money haha)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.